The Nico Rosberg Question

That's what makes champions! Nothing to do with arrogance or aggression, just self-belief and a desire to win!
I completely agree, it's the way they are all often described at some point in their careers that's all.

I agree 100% Jen - F1 is all about the car. Put Nico or any one of the other 23 in a Red Bull and they would probably win or certainly be spraying Champagne later in the afternoon!

The car - always the car. These days driver input cannot possibly make up for an inferior car. If you don't agree with that then you're deluding yourself.

The Management, the Designers, the Engineers and ultimately Teamwork and the Car - win races. Any driver with an F1 licence is quite capable of standing on the podium with the right support and the best (quickest) car to sit in.

Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher included.

I completely agree, it's the way they are all often described at some point in their careers that's all.
Take no notice - this is such a TINY gene pool of "potential" excellence - 24 out of billions. They should all be saluted, just for being on the grid.

Whenever any driver comes into F1 he is always hailed as the next "champion" - recent (remember recent is a woman thing!) one's that spring to mind are Montoya, Coulthard, Kovi - all were good racers but none lived up to their perceived potential. The classic is Bruno Senna - how could you live up to that - decked before he started!

I enjoy the racing - don't actually give a monkey's who wins.
Apart from the sound, the visual aspect is what makes F1. You can't see the drivers in the cars so for me it's ALL about the RACE and who provides the most entertainment..
After the race I'll applaud a driver who has shone but before the race?
Nah...

Back
Top Bottom