The most technically challenging circuit

Is it, I wonder, the circuit where there is the biggest discrepancy between team-mates' lap times? In the old days, it was the Nurburgring Nordschleife that separated the men from the boys. Is it Monaco now? At such circuits, the driver is a bigger part of the overall performance package, whereas at others (I would suggest Catalunya) the driver is very restricted by the limitations of his machinery in terms of pure downforce, power, tyre grip etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------

In that case Felipe Massa has already proved he is vastly superior to his team-mate. He qualified no less than twenty places ahead of Alonso at last year's Monaco GP didn't he? :D

Just to be flippant... maybe its the one where the drivers look the most exhausted

Nah because that could just be the climate affectig the drivers, such as Bahrain or Malaysia. Personally I think it would probably be the one drivers call the most difficult which I believe is Monaco because of the sheer amount of concentration required.

Nah because that could just be the climate affectig the drivers, such as Bahrain or Malaysia. Personally I think it would probably be the one drivers call the most difficult which I believe is Monaco because of the sheer amount of concentration required.

What about Hungary?
Hot tight and twisty... best of both worlds :)

LOL
well keep laughing.....it is exactly wat u think it is.....
my jury is frying me... and i am running around for literature.... and there is very little around especially on built space for f1 facilities....
Regards,
G
:disappointed:

i came across few stats on number of gear changes per lap and no. of retirements and accidents per gp. I was wondering if that would give an idea on how challenging the circuit is?

Not sure if you can find them Gopz but there have been studies done looking at drivers heart rates during races even back as far as the 80's. I think finding specific details from circuit to circuit might be difficult but this article gives an idea of what has been done by the (now defunct) Toyota team.

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2008/7/8158.html

Might be worth dropping them an e-mail if you can find a contact?

I'm sorry I can't help you with literature; I just watch the stuff and can only give my own measured response.

i came across few stats on number of gear changes per lap and no. of retirements and accidents per gp. I was wondering if that would give an idea on how challenging the circuit is?

Mechanical retirements will tell you how stressful a circuit is on the car; accidents will tell you how difficult it is to navigate around the track.

LOL
well keep laughing.....it is exactly wat u think it is.....
my jury is frying me... and i am running around for literature.... and there is very little around especially on built space for f1 facilities....

I can only say that the grandstand at Sepang is 0.8mi, and the main straight at Fuji was about a mile long. I suppose if you assume about 1.5mi squared of land you won't be too far off.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance, but for Gopz' sake, can we keep this as a serious thread, please?

Back
Top Bottom