The most influential F1 person in Liberty Media poll/competition

Michael Schumacher drove in his first open wheeled race series (the European Formula Ford 1600 series) the same year Senna won his first World Title for McLaren,1988.

Senna had already won 6 races and finished in the top 3 on 28 occasions in total and had put his car on pole 16 times.

I think the wider audience, including Schumacher would have been well aware of who Senna was by then.
There's nothing wrong with my statement. When I say before Senna was known to the wider audience, I mean before Senna entered F1. You're assuming I meant 1988 for some unknown reason. If you've ever watched a Schumacher documentary you can see that he was fit in his early teenage years and even claims to do plenty of exercise in order to be fit for racing - circa 1982.

Last edited:
Schumacher was very fit before Senna was known to the wider audience, so it's unlikely he 'gained' the idea from Senna.

Michael Schumacher drove in his first open wheeled race series (the European Formula Ford 1600 series) the same year Senna won his first World Title for McLaren,1988.

Senna had already won 6 races and finished in the top 3 on 28 occasions in total and had put his car on pole 16 times.

I think the wider audience, including Schumacher would have been well aware of who Senna was by then.

lets not forget the 4 years before that when he burst on the scene in 1984 monaco grand prix that if it had carried on. senna wouldve won in a toleman

There was a really popular series in the UK in the seventies and eighties, called Superstars. Basically, sportsmen from all sports competing against each other.

I remember Rene Arnoux wiping the floor with everyone, one year. People were surprised, but it woke people up to the fitness of F1 drivers.

Just because they partied hard didn't mean they weren't at peak fitness. If you look at all sportsmen from the period they all partied hard and trained hard.

Nothing new about Schumacher.

How did he get lucky, I thought you were making an argument for Watkins? If we are relying on luck we might as well get rid of the safety standards which involved the work of Schumacher too

i remember watching that live mustve been 8 & still clear as day remember Murray Walker commentary & my dad emotions while i was having lunch. i knew then things weren't great. but he maybe fortunate is correct word. to brake your leg in 180mph accident & be back racing within 4 months. thats lucky

but he was lucky also because as ive said 20yrs previous. in 1978 it took 18mins to get to peterson & they had to call an ambulance. so he benefited like 50+ other drivers have from sid Watkins legacy

As Michael Schumacher's job was being a racing driver I therefore refuse to be impressed by what he achieved. That, and he was an arrogant git.

This lady, however, is Tina Norman-Ross who is the recycling officer for Guernsey District Council and was voted Local Authority Recycling Champion at the Letsrecycle.com awards 2019. Kudos to her, making a difference for the planet.

1590607817895.png

The Peterson accident was survivable, he was expected to recover but suffered an embolism in hospital later as a result of a broken leg, a condition that still can kill today an does, though more rarely as medicine has learnt this can alleviated by trearment and are more aware that this condition can be a result of severe trauma.

Back
Top Bottom