The most despised people/teams in F1 history.

Hate's a strong word. I don't miss Max's personal vendettas, I remember Balestre well and in one's opinion he was a crook, and I'm guessing I won't miss Bernie when he's gone either. Can't say I've actively disliked that many drivers before, although I'm with MCLS on Jacques Villenueve, if ever there was a driver who needed a kick in the gentleman's parts it was him. Don't particularly like Schumacher or Prost, although not as far as hatred, and certainly have a lot of respect for their skill. Never particularly took to Irvine, come to think of it. :thinking:

Jacques Villeuneve, I really dislike him, arrogance knows no bounds, particularly BAR in 2003, no wonder he left at the end of that season........

His trademark comments

" Why is everyone so sad no one has been killed ?" his response to the sombre mood after Panis broke both his legs in Montreal 1997 ..only to be hauled up for bringing the sport into disrepute

"I might as well retire if he beats me" his response to BAR signing Jenson Button as his teammate - whoops !

http://cliptheapex.com/threads/the-worst-team-principal.4469/

I have a section on team principals because there have been some characters in F1

Eddy Irvine...
Only if you are Rubens Barrichello

I have to say I think Michael Schumacher is the person who attracts the most hatred mainly because he was always the bad guy in the press and he just kept on winning. But then someone who wins relentlessly always attracts hatred (look at Man U!) the only person I know who avoided that was Valentino Rossi.

Senna was also hated but that changed after his death. Prost attracted hatred when he came back in 1993, Alonso certainly attracted the wrath of the British in 2007 but Schumacher still seems to boil up absolute hatred in people to the point where they have to write long long essays trying to prove he didn't deserve any of his titles or wins.

Every good story needs a villain and Schumacher fitted the bill thanks to the black flag then crashing into Hill at Adelaide and followed by clashes with him in Silverstone and Monza.
- The crowd actually cheered when he crashed into the tyre barrier even Murray Walker thought that was uncalled for back in 1999 due to needle that was building up between him and Irvine in Ferrari

Alonso obviously which was not helped by his deliberate chicane cutting in 2010 which everyone saw clearly but he does not care was his attitude afterwards

Hamilton is despised in Brazil and Spain for denying Massa and Alonso world titles and subsequently ruining Rubens race in 2009 as well

I don;t think there has been an ever more despised and disrespected driver than Nelson Piquet Snr -

Outperformed by Mansell and he resorted to slanging match about Roseanne to infuriate Nige and then called Senna "gay" as well

Even when everyone was doing the Grand Prix masters a few years back he just rubbished it and was not interested in taking part

He also missed the get together of world champions in Bahrain in 2010 and was the only one I think who did not attend

I am sure Bernie Ecclestone , Ron Dennis and Jean Todt are on top of some people's lists for the politics they play in the power game of F1 and not on everyone's Christmas card list

Surely Flavio Briatore is in this category unless you are Michael Schumacher , Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber...there has been plenty of drivers who have stated they 've been treated worse than a dog by him

I wondered who the other one was...

Him and Kimi.

I think Kimi had a rallying event already on that weekend but Nelson Snr was a B@$tard in the paddock although he got on well with Prost

Very few actually give Piquet much credit for his 3 world titles - all down to superior equipment although 1981 was given to him by a somehow mysterious poor race effort by Reutemann from pole

Back
Top Bottom