The Lewis Hamilton Circus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point FB is making is that we don't seem get a chance to talk about anything else, as every thread or F1 news article seems to get hijacked by the Hamiltonistas. It's like trying to have a conversation at a Motorhead concert - everything you say gets lost in the background noise...:dunno:

but thats ppl are choosing to talk about lewis.and normally when what you say gets lost in the back ground,its because ppl are not interested in what your saying.noones forced to talk about lewis are they?

I think the point FB is making is that we don't seem get a chance to talk about anything else, as every thread or F1 news article seems to get hijacked by the Hamiltonistas. It's like trying to have a conversation at a Motorhead concert - everything you say gets lost in the background noise...:dunno:

And the most vocal of these hamiltonistas are the ones who love to criticise him

This is why he is spoken about so much, his detractors outnumber his supporters

Take this thread for example, it's about Lewis, but his detractors will come on here talking about him, why don't they talk about other drivers and ignore him?

Because they would be bored without a villain

If you read my original post Riskitall you will notice the example I gave. The BBC gave 15 seconds to the man just about to win the World Title and 2 minutes to the bloke who finished 5th. I could have turned the radio off but I was interested to hear the other news and sports stories so that would have been a little churlish. Look at most threads on here, every time there is an incident involving Hamilton (good or bad) the Hamilton fans pile in and suffocate any other discussion.

Pehaps Bro has a point, although what I would suggest is one PQR thread for the Grand Prix and one PQR thread for "Lewis Hamilton's Grand Prix". Maybe we could even set up a Lewis Hamilton Driver of the weekend poll - choices "L. Hamilton" "Lewis Hamilton" "Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton" at least he'd win one poll every weekend to keep the Hammy fans happy and then the rest of us could get on with talking about the race.

but thats ppl are choosing to talk about lewis.and normally when what you say gets lost in the back ground,its because ppl are not interested in what your saying.noones forced to talk about lewis are they?

When you consider that I made a perfectly valid post citing an opinion about Lewis' management (that I actually happen to think is relevant, and is no way derogatory about the abilities of L.Hamilton) that elicits absolutely no response, because everyone is hurling themselves into Lewis' defence from a perceived assault on his character by the OP, then I think my point about the background noise is appropriate, don't you?

Oh, and if "your" not interested in other people's opinions, then why bother reading at all?

This may result in losing some members, but can I suggest that those members who are only interested in discussing Lewis Hamilton and constantly singing his praises, even when he screws up, may be better off on a Hamilton fan site?

The rest of us would quite like to discuss all of the teams and drivers and everything that goes on in F1.

I have made the point myself several times over the last few months about threads being hijacked by the usual suspects.

The same applies to any other members who are fixated on one particular driver.

Since his father stopped managing him there does appear to be a vacuum. Whether Anthony Hamilton was good or bad he at least used to field some of the more pointless questions about Lewis and not leave it to his son to respond all the time. Perhaps the PR people at McLaren should put in a bit more effort. One of the joys of watching the more media savvy football managers such as Alex Ferguson or Jose Morinhou is they way they focus press attention onto themselves to allow their team to get on with their job.

Hamilton has been mis-managed for the last couple of years. Hamilton needs a management team that is much more hands on and can be they to support him at every event.

I don't think Mclaren can do any more for Lewis than what their already doing, to me Hamilton needs to clear his head of this season and during the winter find himself a new management team.

If i was Lewis Hamiltons manager, i'd tell him to claim it down a bit on track, yes still overtake but don't make any overtakes where you don't think you'll get through. I'd also tell him he needs to get his head sorted in the winter and stay out of the limelight and train hard for next season and go into next season with a positive frame of mind. Also to keep him focus on scoring points i'd set him challenges say he must score at least 100 points by after Canada and win at least 5 races during the season.

Indeed FB - I'd forgotten just how many interviews AH used to do in LH's stead. I also think that AH was a stabilising influence to his son, reminding him just where he'd come from, and all the hard work that went in to get where they were.

When you look at some of the PR gaffes Lewis has had since parting company with his Dad (lie-gate, Ali-G-gate etc.) you can't help but recognise that you're seeing a young man (hugely talented and successful though he has been so far) stumbling a bit on his own. One hopes that he'll get over these wobbles soon, but I think he needs a more appropriate manager that understands the motorsport environment, rather than one that is a revenue-maximiser - the latter exists to milk successful clients, not to develop their talents.

I fully admit that I am perhaps guilty of focusing on Lewis (yesterday for example, apologies for that). I'm not too sure why that is. Perhaps (and I do not mean this in a negative way) it is because his actions (especially this season) and the actions affecting him bring up the most emotion?

Sometimes you can't help but feel sucked into a Hamilton discussion when a race thread (for example) contains a majority of Hamilton posts and a few posts of people trying to talk about something else but getting ignored.

If you read my original post Riskitall you will notice the example I gave. The BBC gave 15 seconds to the man just about to win the World Title and 2 minutes to the bloke who finished 5th

They also hardly pointed the cameras at Vettel. The reason is that it is very boring to watch somebody driving around on their own in a rocket ship. People tune in to watch a race. Vettel wasn't involved in the race, so there isn't really much to say about him.

I'd disgaree Ninja. When they show in car shots you can see how hard the drivers work and what better example to see than someone who appears to make it look so effortless whilst trashing the rest of the field. I would have loved to have seen more coverage of Vettel, as well as more people down the field - what we did see was quite exciting as he threaded his way through backmarkers in Sennaesque fashion. I don't even recall seeing much of him at the restart after the safety car which just dumbfounded me.

I don't want to go back to the bad old days when we only saw the leader going round on his own but there should be more of a balance.

Also i'd just like to point out that every other driver has they management team around for alot more of the fly-aways because drivers do tend to get homesick and having that support with them helps big style. I would suggest Lewis needs alot more support from his management than any other driver on the grid for fly away, as his dad yes he's there but Anthony is they to manage Paul not look after Lewis.

after everything,it'll be funny if lewis finishes the season in 2nd place.
and it'll be interesting to see what the likes of andrew benson has to say.and reading the comments under bensons blog,most ppl seem to be on hamiltons side.

I laughed into my toast this morning when I read Anthony Hamilton's comments that he felt his son needed more management support from Simon Fuller !!! To do what exactly? Make him drive faster, help him understand the car better? FInd a few 10ths going into the 130R? Stop him driving into his fellow drivers?

Ok so it's no longer possible in F1 for a driver to handle his own contracts because of the amount of other off track stuff that needs to be done but lets face it, you don't see Hamilton popping up on every quiz show, chat show and cooking programme known to man so what more management does he exactly need?

Yes, it is a media circus around him for many reasons including because he's young, British, made a huge impact on his arrival in F1, going out with a famous American Pop Star, A world champion and due to his ethnic background an icon in a lot of areas. The main reason of cousre is that "Hamilton stuffs it up" will shift more copies of the Sun than "Faultless Vettel Cruises to another win". That being said, if Hamilton can't leave all that behind him when he steps in to the car and races then he's not half the driver we give him credit for.

Regardless of the writes and wrongs of the many Steward meetings that he has been involved in, you have to at least light a fire to be charged with arson and Hamilton has started more fires in the last few years than most of the other drivers combined. He wouldn't have received any penalties for example, had he not brushed his front wing across Massa's right rear or told porky pies to the stewards in Australia a few years ago or bumped into Maldanado or whatever whatever.......

I don't think the sport would be better off with out him because on his day he is one of only a handful of drivers who can make you go "wow" and I can ignore most of the bullshit printed in the media but his on track antics and post race comments are becoming a little tiresome.

I know this is going to ruffle a few feathers and I was one of the biggest critics of Jenson Button but I can't help smile when I look at the points table.

Hamilton has been mis-managed for the last couple of years. Hamilton needs a management team that is much more hands on and can be they to support him at every event.

I don't think Mclaren can do any more for Lewis than what their already doing, to me Hamilton needs to clear his head of this season and during the winter find himself a new management team.

If i was Lewis Hamiltons manager, i'd tell him to claim it down a bit on track, yes still overtake but don't make any overtakes where you don't think you'll get through. I'd also tell him he needs to get his head sorted in the winter and stay out of the limelight and train hard for next season and go into next season with a positive frame of mind. Also to keep him focus on scoring points i'd set him challenges say he must score at least 100 points by after Canada and win at least 5 races during the season.

i dont think lewis tries a overtake unless he believes he can pull it off.
what your basically saying is lewis should be cautious like he was in monza.
lewis has always taken risks when attempting overtakes,and for that reason has pulled off some of the best overtakes ive ever seen.this is one of the reasons why so many ppl love watching him.and dont you also think lewis sets himself goals already?
lewis likes to win races not finish second,so he pushes extra hard.also ppl seem to have forgotten lewis was the only person really challenging vettel earlier in the season.he looked the the only driver who could beat vettel,but things started to go pear shaped from monaco onwards.theres still 5 races left,and if lewis is anywhere near his best in the final 5 races he'll finish the season very strongly.

I'd disgaree Ninja. When they show in car shots you can see how hard the drivers work and what better example to see than someone who appears to make it look so effortless whilst trashing the rest of the field. I would have loved to have seen more coverage of Vettel, as well as more people down the field - what we did see was quite exciting as he threaded his way through backmarkers in Sennaesque fashion. I don't even recall seeing much of him at the restart after the safety car which just dumbfounded me.

I don't want to go back to the bad old days when we only saw the leader going round on his own but there should be more of a balance.
Whilst that is valid opinion, at the moment it is not general consensus. The media will focus on the bits that will attract the most interest. Unfortunately for Vettel and his fans, it's not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom