The Future Of F1

I love the new design of the car. im still unsure about refuelling that just stinks of recycling old ideas. but they are spot on with Pirelli tyres for years they have kept with high surface or thermal degradation because of how good the racing was in 2012 but what they forgot is that by mid 2013 they knew how to avoid the problem & have just been babysitting tyres for 6 years now. but we cant blame Pirelli for that. because you don't ask someone to make a apple pie & then blame them when nobody likes apples

I like the idea of the ground effect, because I know brundle has been on about it for years that we reduce the dirty air by like F2 does take the downforce from underneath

So where are we at with the 2021 regulations (as this appears to be the only hope for a competitive season):

1. Budget cap of $175 million dollars (141 pounds).
....a. Not sure if they are going to do a test season of it in 2020...but that is not mentioned in various articles. I gather it was scrapped.
....b. Does not include engine
....c. Does not include drivers, team principals, or travel
2. Simple front wing
3. Small fenders over the front wheels
4. Enclosed wheel rims
5. No bargeboards
6. A double-tiered rear wing
7. tunnels in the floor (because more ground effects are cool?)
8. Engines?
....a. I have no idea what they are doing with power units or parts of the power unit.
....b. Is this all staying the same?
9. Refueling?
10. Tires?
11. Standard parts?

Something that Lando Norris bought up was that he thinks he is doing well in F1 because the cars are less physically demanding than F2 . Make what you will of that but F1 is suppose to be the pinnacle of motorsport so maybe we need to get rid of all those driver aids especially power steering and semi automatic gearboxes

Whatever happened to we won't go over 20?

I love F1 but there are too many races. Season finishes on December as it is. You need a significant break between seasons to get you enthusiastic about it otherwise it blurs all into one.

Whatever happened to we won't go over 20?

I love F1 but there are too many races. Season finishes on December as it is. You need a significant break between seasons to get you enthusiastic about it otherwise it blurs all into one.

very true when i got into F1 only 20yrs ago. November > February. there was nothing, now that 4 months has been conceded to just January

Mexico set to announce new F1 contract

Mexico City mayor Claudia Sheinbaum ,"I also want to tell you that this is thanks to a group of businessmen who made this possible because this time the city is not using any public funds. It's good news for the city. It brings tourism, it brings income, and it's also good for the country." Sources suggest that the deal is for 3 years, rather than the 5 of the previous contract. but apparantly of 5 races up for renewal post 2019. 4 will be renewed Spain Britain Italy & Mexico. with Germany dropping off

which if i was picking 1. id get rid of spain its had 3 good races in 20 years

Provisionally 22 races on which is getting ridiculous I guess that means Hamilton might just take next season to overtake Schumacher's win record then?

On a further note given the political troubles in America, it could be that the US GP at Austin suffers further attendances and Mexican GP as long as Perez is still competing might see increased attendances

I know F1 is suppose to be not political but this might have influenced in some ways that Mexico has a race. Spain needs to be dropped the country are motorbikes lovers - they can fill Barcelona with Marquez dominating Moto GP but without Alonso the attendances is going to drop

Last edited:
Hey Izumi, this is what I have been saying all along:

Mattia Binotto's 'extreme' views on improving Formula 1 - Do you agree?

One advantages of a budget cap is that it can free up design. You do not need regulations controlling design elements, you do not need to restrict testing, etc. This is all covered under the budget cap. It should gives all the teams more flexibility.

I finally found something I agree with Binotto on.

Back
Top Bottom