The Future Of F1

would it be so bad to have much more durable tyres in F1 like formula e le mans or indycar to an extent. keep the 2 compound rule for a pitstop. so we can see drivers pushing the cars limits & making far more physically demanding. instead going at 70% & saving the tyres what for ive no idea they hardly saving them for Austrian gp. which makes this whole degradation a huge myth & pointless. because degradation isnt allowed to happen

I'd prefer pitstops to be optional, a 3-5 lap qually type tyre, a tyre that'll last the distance if well managed and one that'll do 1/3 distance.
Oh, and Joss Verstappen to be banned from appearing on screen during a race.

20190627_095239.jpg

I was a massive fan of Jos in his driving days. Now he just annoys me.
Christian Hirner has no such saving grace

Motorsport.com picked the wrong headline here I think. Most surprisingly they chose the headline grabbing conjecture one, but the content is interesting nonetheless.

Nevermind your preferences for teams or drivers, to have a driver come forward criticising the teams influence says a lot, particularly one that is currently benefiting in one way or another by said influence.

No Lewis, your certainly not saying anything new, but you do echo the thoughts of many thousands of F1 fans around the world:
Lewis Hamilton said:
"I think ultimately the FIA, they're the governing body, they need to make all the decisions. The teams shouldn't be involved in that, in my opinion, because the teams all want to do something for themselves. They won't like me saying that, but ultimately that's the natural thing.

"It would be the same if all the football teams were sat in a room and said the sport should be like this. They would push and pull for their own benefit. Whereas if you get a central group of people, intelligent, like the FIA for example, their sole job with Liberty is to make the sport great again."

After many years of being protected by counter-competitive rules to his and Mercedes's benefit, Lewis and his employer are last people we should be hearing from about a rule book.

After many years of being protected by counter-competitive rules to his and Mercedes's benefit, Lewis and his employer are last people we should be hearing from about a rule book.

Mercedes aren't entirely to blame here. as i said turkeys need to start voting for Christmas. this is the fault of Mercedes Ferrari Red Bull & potenially mclaren who in this elite strategy group. who all vote for whats best for the them & :censored: the sport

Mercedes aren't entirely to blame here. as i said turkeys need to start voting for Christmas. this is the fault of Mercedes Ferrari Red Bull & potenially mclaren who in this elite strategy group. who all vote for whats best for the them & :censored: the sport
Statistically commercial owner together with FiA and so called "poor teams" outnumbered with their votes two alleged "villains" Ferrari and Mercedes, yet we have what we have, and only two teams stand here naked and accused from creating mess. How does that makes any sense?
By mid season of 2014 F1 should have realized depth of the problem series self inflicted, and change with immediate effect rules in order to restore competitiveness into F1. They haven't done it, and IMO it will stay forever as darkest periods of the sport, and as far as we can see, sport hasn't recovered yet five years later. Heads should have been rolling, but again, cushy job is a cushy job, and people clinging to it, competent or not. This is not a question of dynasty nonsense, but problem of complex technology which takes long time, a lot of money and testing to correct inherent errors and improve its performance. This era is NOT comparable to anything before 2014 IMHO. This charming changes on tires introduced after basic car is designed is another white elephant in the room, but that's another discussion altogether.

Last edited:
Izumi McLaren back in 2012/14 voting against certain rules they would probally be in favour for now because like every team they were too bothered about there own advantage & didn't want like of force india to get any stronger. while the teams are im charge they will always be to blame because they will never vote for the good of the sport. ie: self inflicted mess of 2014 the present & potential manufactures (bar Ferrari) said Renault Mercedes Honda VW all said we will leave or wont join unless you have V6 hybrids

another example of manufacturers making the rules to detriment of the sport

Formula 1 has morphed to the point that I find it very hard to give a flying you know what about it.

I know it isn't pc to say, but one of the things that first attracted me to the sport was the danger. I first attended races in 1962, and the first three circuits I went to were Spa, Rouen, and Nurburgring, all of which, I suspect, would cause today's drivers to soil their fireproof underwear if they were told they would have to compete on them as they were then. The element of danger was still sufficiently great in the early 70s that, when I got home from fighting for Queen and country in Viet Nam, I was still amazed that the drivers would take such chances. With today's Tilke tracks, with runoff areas big enough to land an A380 on, the element of danger has been so greatly reduced that, IMO, you face more danger on your daily commute.

Furthermore, it seems to me that today, the WDC is essentially meaningless, as the result is 99% down to the car. If you swapped the drivers of Mercedes with those of Williams, I am willing to bet that Hamilton and Bottas wouldn't be close to getting wins. I remember when Chapman introduced the monocoque chassis and Clark trounced everyone, the other teams didn't appreciate the advance. They said, essentially, that "Ah, well, Clark can win in anything". That has totally gone as well.

I believe that, the only was for F1 to survive is to make the drivers MUCH more important to the results. If that requires a semi-spec series, so be it. The sport existed, and, indeed, thrived without the manufacturers. It could easily do so again. What it needs are heroes, not drivers that are, essentially, inconsequential to the results as, IMO, they are today.

because of the rumoured performance exit clause of verstappen. Sky F1 / brundle. made a great point on how to spice up 2020. change the line ups

Mercedes Hamilton - Verstappen
Ferrari Leclerc - Alonso
Red Bull Vettel - ??????

now that would be spicy because team dominance isnt always bad but when 1 driver does it terrible because mercedes are on verge of equalling 1988 record of mclaren but its revered because we had 2 drivers going hammer and tongs. Hamilton verstappen has the potenial for fireworks

Last edited:
Mercedes Hamilton - Verstappen
Dutch media in speculative zone.

Ferrari Leclerc - Alonso
Spanish media in speculative zone.

Red Bull Vettel - ??????
Forum in speculative zone.

Izumi do you have selective reading. this wasn't me it was martin Brundle, I thought it was worth sharing. because who wouldn't want to see Hamilton v Verstappen arguably the 2 best on the current grid. 1 who has dominated the old guard & 1 who could dominate the new guard in equal machinery.

also these rumours have some meat to them according to well placed people in the paddock

because of the rumoured performance exit clause of verstappen. Sky F1 / brundle. made a great point on how to spice up 2020. change the line ups

Back
Top Bottom