The Comeback Kids

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Valued Member
Picking up from my BTCC history thread I thought I would stick up a post asking for peoples thoughts on the best and worst of the comeback kids. Obviously Sir Stirling has been discussed and here are a few others. (obviously this isn't limited to F1 so you can be creative).

Some of the best and worst comebacks in my opinion.

Best:

1) Niki Lauda - Mclaren - Returned to save his airline from going bankrupt and won a world championship for his efforts (1984).
2) Alex Zanardi - WTCC - After that terrrible crash in CART he returned in the WTCC series and has won several races.
3) Mario Andretti - Ferrari - Career had been in decline ever since his world title in 78. Returned to take a very emotional poll in the wake of Gilles Villeneuves death.

Worst: >:(

1) Alan Jones - Lola Beatrice - Retired way to early, Came back and found himself in a car held together with chewing gum and string. looked very silly for a couple of seasons and finally retired this time without his dignity.
2) Nigel Mansell - Mclaren - Not one of Ron's best ideas. Too chunkey to fit the car lasted two races before being replace by Mark Blundell.

Over to you guys !!

:goodday:

Graham hill tried, after his life threatening accident. He failed to qualify in monaco , which in those days you couldn't take part in the race . At the time he owned and managed the team, that along with driving it as well things went from bad to worse. After i think he retired. He was a fantastic driver, the documentary on tv recently about his life was awsome. .

Back
Top Bottom