Cricket The Ashes

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Some on here have been asking how they will cope now that the F1 season has ended. Very simple, it's time to enjoy the greatest sporting event on earth as England and Australia go head to head over 5 test matches starting on 25th November.

So here's your chance to join in this superb sporting spectacle, discuss the events and express your opinion.

The last time we won the ashes the Aussies responded by giving us a 5-0 thrashing on the trip down under which doesn't look good for the England team, luckily for us though the Austrailian team that we will be facing is a shadow of its former self so I think we have a better than even chance of keeping hold of the smallest trophy in the world.

I remember watching Harmison's first ball of the last Ashes tour down under and you knew from that moment on England were doomed. I also think Duncan Fletcher got the psychology wrong when he chose players like Ashley Giles rather than Panasar thinking the Aussies would be more afraid of the team that beat them in England rather than the best players. I don't think Andy Flower will make the same mistake and we have the weapon that is Graham Swan to teach the Aussies a lesson.

Given Australia's recent form I think we have a better chance to win down under compared to many previous tours.

FB said:
Given Australia's recent form I think we have a better chance to win down under compared to many previous tours.

I tend to agree but I find writing off the Aussies a very foolish thing to do, so will remain a cautious clarence until it's in the bag.

Thanks to Rupert Murdoch and his Sky TV's policy of annexing all sport, I am deprived any of the joy of watching live test match cricket. :disappointed: Something I spent my childhood, teens, twenties and thirties enjoying has been taken away by ego-maniacal Australian. :(

Not sure how much of a night owl you are Snowy and if you would be sitting up into the wee hours watching the live coverage. At least ITV have a highlights package, albeit tucked away on ITV4, which should be on at a more watchable time. And, of course, there is TMS on Radio 4 long wave (or Digital if you must!)

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/pressrel ... fault.html

3 days to go...

FB said:
At least ITV have a highlights package, albeit tucked away on ITV4, which should be on at a more watchable time. And, of course, there is TMS on Radio 4 long wave (or Digital if you must!)
I wonder if the ITV coverage will be any better than their coverage of the Indian IPL they did in the summer, as that was absolutely atrocious!

As I hold ITV sport in very low esteem, I'll try to catch some of the TMS coverage on my digital TV*.

OMG! This is my 1000th post! :1st:

Hmm, I'm now a pole sitter. How tall is this pole, as I don't like heights! :unsure:

*As usually they have the score card, bowling figures, etc on screen whilst listening...

McZiderRed said:
FB said:
At least ITV have a highlights package, albeit tucked away on ITV4, which should be on at a more watchable time. And, of course, there is TMS on Radio 4 long wave (or Digital if you must!)
I wonder if the ITV coverage will be any better than their coverage of the Indian IPL they did in the summer, as that was absolutely atrocious!

As I hold ITV sport in very low esteem, I'll try to catch some of the TMS coverage on my digital TV*.

OMG! This is my 1000th post! :1st:

Hmm, I'm now a pole sitter. How tall is this pole, as I don't like heights! :unsure:

*As usually they have the score card, bowling figures, etc on screen whilst listening...

Congrats on the 1000th post! Hopefully there's a cushion on the pole as well. I wouldn't like to be sitting up there without one.

I'm not going to able to catch any of the cricket live. :( I have too much work on at the moment so I need to keep my sleep pattern normal. I'll catch up on the results in the morning though when I'm going through my emails.

EDIT:

This is my 400th post! Double celebration! I don't think I get anything for 400 though. :thinking:

F1Yorkshire said:
Congrats on the 1000th post! Hopefully there's a cushion on the pole as well. I wouldn't like to be sitting up there without one.
Actually, I was hoping the cushion wasn't optional and came as standard! (Please!!)

F1Yorkshire said:
This is my 400th post! Double celebration! I don't think I get anything for 400 though.
Only the recognition and congratulation from your peers!! :cheer:

Marvellous, isn't it though!? :victory: :D

Hmmmm, I guess they don't really need Shane Warne then.

The last thing we wanted to do is give them confidence in the 1st day of the series. I have a feeling that opening day will now dictate what happens in the remaining matches. I can see them racking up a mighty score for the 1st wickets. :o

It wasn't a very good start was it? Bloody Aussie's never know when they are supposed to lose :(

Interesting they bought Swann on for an over at the end and he got swatted away. We can only hope that Australia don't get too far ahead and pitch on the last day is bowler friendly.

Rain stopping play in Austrailia? Snow in November. What is the world coming to.

Will the weather gods save us down under so we can at least draw the series?

F1Yorkshire said:
Rain stopping play in Austrailia? Snow in November. What is the world coming to.

Will the weather gods save us down under so we can at least draw the series?

Calm down old bean, hoping for a series draw after 2 days? Bit pessimistic is it not LOL

Back
Top Bottom