Summer break

Personally I welcome the break.

Keeping the site updated after every race has become a bit of a chore, not to mention weekends are pretty much ruined as it's impossible to go out and avoid the results.

How I wish qualifying and the race were on either very early or very late, rather than the middle of the day as they are now.

I will be looking for a replacement car, as my trusty Primera Sport+ snapped its cam chain yesterday on a family day out. Even though I pulled over immediately, the engine is ruined :disappointed:

Sadly, it's probably going to be scrapped. Anyone on here got a Mazda 6? I'm thinking of getting one to replace it - probably 2004-2005 as I'm a bit skint!

Indeed, I am annoyed at such a long break this year (am I dreaming, or is it up to five weeks between races this time??). It completely ruins the momentum of the Championship. Still, I can't complain too much, it is coinciding with me moving house so at least I won't miss too much owing to my telly being packed in a box and somewhere half way across a continent!

Repair the bike. Hopefully the ride the thing for pleasure for a change and visit the family whilst I'm at it! In between, maybe I'll come up with some gap fillers to write for Rooters ... just in case anyone's round to read them :tumbleweed: 8-).

I will be looking for a replacement car,

This.

And, working my butt off to get the replacement car, as after getting no overtime at all for 3 weeks in a row, I am now getting 38 hours in 2 weeks time, 36 hours after that, then 24.

Oh and then chase up the university people again, to see if my transfer from Mechanical Engineering to Motorsport Design Engineering has been done or not, after the farce of where I was told I would get into second year of the course with no conditions, but my offer somehow came back as first year with a conditional offer. Phoned the head of the course, he said it should be fine, and that we will withdraw your application, and put you through as a transfer, call back in 2-4 weeks, and in September time. Called back twice now, and both occasions they've said they'll get back to me, even taking my mobile phone number, but I have had no call. >:(

Looks like I'll be chasing them for weeks :(

Was so happy that I got in to the course, let alone second year, but now, I don't even know if I'll be at university this year, after dropping and changing course back in last October.

Oh, one thing I will be doing is rebuilding the PC from the ground up.

I can only ever do it during an extended break, just in case of any problems and whether I need to order new parts, etc.
I can use the laptop to update the site if I have to, but it's a bit fiddly.

By the way, the car has done 225,000 miles, so the engine is not exactly new. The clutch, however, has done less than 10,000 miles.

Stage 1 of the PC rebuild is complete.

Stripped the case down completely, removed the RAM and cards, cleaned all the fans and filters, removed the cooler and CPU and cleaned off the old thermal grease and applied a fresh lot.

It still worked when I switched it back on so that's a good sign :D

Back
Top Bottom