Stoffel Vandoorne

Bushi

Pole Sitter
Good quali from Vandoorne. You could tell that he was making progress since Baku. But now he defeated the man that is always driving the race of his life fair and square......in quali.

Incubus

Champion Elect
It was a good lap from Vandome but I'm not quite sure how hard was FA really pushing considering making to Q3 would have actually compromised him further by forcing him to start on his Q2 tyres. Plus there was also towards the end of Q2 a real danger for McLaren to see Vandome being knocked out of Q3 by a team-mate who'd start last anyway, which would have been a spectacular own-goal.

Incubus

Champion Elect
Actually I'm not sure how that works now that I think of it. Had FA made it into Q3 could he still choose to take a further penalty and choose his race tyre seeing as though he'll start last anyway?

Last edited:

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Vandoorne is showing signs he will lead Mclaren when Alonso goes. Fernando just might have to watch his back next year if Stoffel is able to perform consistently on race day

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Alonso never needs to watch his back, Vandoorne is the one who will need to watch his back.

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
Alonso is no master backstabber. He’s shit. Every time he gets the knife out he ends up another five places back on the grid.

He’s a master racing driver, and not a master politician.

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
I actually think that it’s a real shame that he’s starting his career in a car that’s so bad. As a result he’ll never get to the top. We all know that.

If I’m wrong, you can all have a go. But not until his first podium.

:)

Top Bottom