Statistics on Tyre Degradation

Rowan

Browser
Hi, I am doing an EPQ (which is a project that counts as an A-level) on Tyre degradation in F1, and I was looking to see if anyone had a spreadsheet showing:
  • Lap times
  • Tyre type
  • Other data on degradation
I don't mind what race it is for, in any year

Thank you

Hi Rowan,

I don't have that information personally, but I have a feeling that you've come to the right place. Hopefully someone will get back to you, if they haven't already. Sounds like an interesting project, good luck with it.

The Lap Analysis report produced by the FIA after each race (Japan link here) includes every lap time for every driver.

I'm sure there's resources online for tyre compounds used, maybe try Pirelli? I know Autosport magazine has this in their race reports, haven't seen it on their site but it may be there.

As for degradation, depends what exactly you mean; but I don't think there will be anything in the public realm.

Hope this helps (always beware of copyright too!)

Hi Rowan,
here You'll find my analysis of 2017 season just to show you what I'm doing:

1) The analysis of the pit stop strategy and selection of tyres in the F1 season in 2017 2017 F1 pit stop strategy and selection of tyres (part 1)

2017 F1 pit stop strategy and selection of tyres, and the announcement of the season 2018 (part 2)

2) The analysis of impact of Free practices on 2017 F1 GP weekend results The analysis of impact of Free practices on 2017 F1 GP weekend results

Wish You all the best, sincerely Yours,
Zvonimir

Back
Top Bottom