Spanish GP - Racism rears it's ugly head, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea_Moda_Rules

Podium Finisher
The BBC pointed out one guy.....ONE GUY! who cares, There is always some idiot no matter where you are or what nationslity your are who are that is going to try and ruin things. This is an isoltated incident, and anyone who tries to point otherwiase(BBC) are foolish
 

bogaTYR

Points Scorer
when LH unwrapped this plaque for being WDC in catalunya everyone was cheeing how great the spanish supporters were and how much they had embraced LH after not liking him too much before. now bbc found one guy who didn't think like that and suddenly the whole spanish nation are racist.

maybe bbc needs a certain amount of LH stories per race? it all seems odd to me. to me, this guy actually looks like a fan! he is wearing a vodafone shirt. at times i see who stadiums with their face painted in orange, does that mean all of them are racists? to me they just seem like supporters of a team in orange shirts/
 

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
It is not just one guy boga, how about "Hamilton's family" last year? And did you see the abuse the England football team got in Madrid in 2003? There is definately a problem with racism in Spain and to suggest that this guy is a Hamilton fan is mad! If you want to dress up as Lewis Hamilton then a Vodafone shirt is pretty essential. However, it is not a sufficient problem that the GP should be removed, it isn't like the Spain vs England match in 2003, imo, but we cannot accept racism in F1!
 

bogaTYR

Points Scorer
TBY

there are two pics in this thread: i clicked on the first (guy with black face and vodafone t shirt) but not on the second one. unfortunately the england football squad is far from my center of interest so i have little knowledge of the team and what happens at matches.

otherwise, agree with you.
 

RickD

Pole Sitter
The FIA should get rid of the Barcelona race, this is the perfect excuse to get rid of one of the most boring races on the calendar.
 
bogaTYR said:
when LH unwrapped this plaque for being WDC in catalunya everyone was cheeing how great the spanish supporters were and how much they had embraced LH after not liking him too much before. now bbc found one guy who didn't think like that and suddenly the whole spanish nation are racist.

maybe bbc needs a certain amount of LH stories per race? it all seems odd to me. to me, this guy actually looks like a fan! he is wearing a vodafone shirt. at times i see who stadiums with their face painted in orange, does that mean all of them are racists? to me they just seem like supporters of a team in orange shirts/
I agree, talk about over the top!!
 

RickD

Pole Sitter
Bellabella said:
I agree, talk about over the top!!
So, showing some so called 'fan' being racist is an over the top reaction?!? Would you go around with a painted face at an F1 track? If so, then I think you are in the wrong sport and would appreciate it if you didn't bother watching, please go find your affiliations elsewhere.

Thanks
 
RickD said:
Bellabella said:
I agree, talk about over the top!!
So, showing some so called 'fan' being racist is an over the top reaction?!? Would you go around with a painted face at an F1 track? If so, then I think you are in the wrong sport and would appreciate it if you didn't bother watching, please go find your affiliations elsewhere.

Thanks
Really, and who are you to tell me I am in the wrong sport? I happen to believe that some people are making, or are trying to make trouble over this 'painted face' incident and blowing it all out of proportion. Do you have proof that the fan was being racist? Am I not allowed an opinion on this forum?
 

RickD

Pole Sitter
Bellabella said:
Really, and who are you to tell me I am in the wrong sport? I happen to believe that some people are making, or are trying to make trouble over this 'painted face' incident and blowing it all out of proportion. Do you have proof that the fan was being racist? Am I not allowed an opinion on this forum?
So, painting your face black is not racist suddenly?!? What planet are you on?

There is a history of people being racist at this circuit and around Barcelona, so why are they suddenly not this time?

If you are going to defend racism, then I guess it is up to Brogan and whoever else is moderating, but I for one do not want to be associated with a racist thanks. I also want to keep rqacists out of F1 if at all possible, if that means massive sanctions against a circuit/country, then so be it! rather that than let it go the same way as other sports.
 

The Moderator

Clip The Apex
I can't see this thread going anywhere but down so I have locked it.

Everyone has their own opinions and it is understandably a very emotive subject so it's best we just leave it there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom