Space Shuttle Endeavour Due To Launch, Monday 16th May 2011

Does that mean that the International Space Station is in fact just in a hangar somewhere? And, if it is an International space station, does the said hangar travel from country to country, or is it in several countries at once and thus is merely an illusion?

:thinking:
Mc Zider, you old cynic - the HANGAR is in space orbiting the Earth.. Dear Oh dear...

What a quote:
This final flight is the vessel's 25th overall, having already clocked a cumulative distance in space of 166 million km - an expanse just greater than that which divides the Earth and the Sun.

Thanks Jen, an interesting read. So the Space Race will become commercial, great news - it could become a race again and that will possibly accelerate the progress of space exploration. The spin-offs in development should have earth-based benefits, whether true return on investment can be measured will be the real determining factor in the future of space exploration.

Thanks Jen, an interesting read. So the Space Race will become commercial, great news - it could become a race again and that will possibly accelerate the progress of space exploration. The spin-offs in development should have earth-based benefits, whether true return on investment can be measured will be the real determining factor in the future of space exploration.
Whatever :D. Totally lost again :).

The Shuttle Endeavour and the ISS are due to dock 6:16 am US Eastern time, which is 11.16am BST tomorrow, Weds 18th May.
This may not be televised....

The Endeavour/ISS crew hatch will open 8:36 am US Eastern time, which is 13.36pm BST tomorrow, Weds 18 May.
This will be televised (unless doctor TV is ill...)

I do love a good shuttle mission. :)

Three of the six International Space Station crew members are due to depart the ISS, on the Soyuz TMA-20 capsule today at 5.15pm E.D.T, which according to my space watch is 10.15pm B.S.T.

Expedition 27 Commander Dmitry Kondratyev, NASA Flight Engineer Cady Coleman and European Space Agency Flight Engineer Paolo Nespoli will undock from the International Space Station at 5:15 p.m. EDT and will return to Earth inside their Soyuz TMA-20 spacecraft at 10:26 p.m. <E.D.T> Remaining on the station with the shuttle crew are three members of the Expedition 28 crew: Commander Andrey Borisenko, NASA astronaut Ron Garan and Russian cosmonaut Alexander Samokutyaev.
Quote source >> NASA - Space Shuttle Update

Both the undocking of Soyuz and the landing in Kazakhstan (at 3.46am B.S.T) will be covered by NASA tv. I believe it's quite unusual for ISS crew members to depart whilst the Shuttle is docked to the ISS. In fact, this may be the first time this has happened...

I've no idea what the coverage will be like, but I'll be watching. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom