Rugby Six Nations 2012

I thought England had it - one minute leading 12 - 9 and then it all goes tits up. Well done Wales and congratulations on the Triple Crown!

Despite being an England fan, well done to Wales, England played well but Wales got a stroke of fortune with their try and the late England pressure - but you make your own luck!!

That is true, yet the number 10 jersey has been iconic in Wales for generations, it is both an honour and a burden to wear it for Wales. Indeed, I think Priestland has had a wobbly 6 Nations so far, it's time for him to live up to Wales' expectations and rip Italy and France wide open to get us a Grand Slam!

Yeah, but everywhere in sport I've seen an iconic jersey, it ends up with the weight of pressure pushing down horrendously on a single player. The media tell us that certain shirts mean more than others - to a point that's true of #10 everywhere in rugby - but I'm sure no-one in Wales would be happy if they had 14 crap players + 7 crap substitutes and a genius at #10.

I believe part of the make-up of a truly successful team is a sense of collective responsibility. (which imo accounts for much of Wales' recent success because I doubt Gatland/Edwards are seduced by the romanticism) Too often, I've seen teams across sport simply wait for a star player to do something, or someone in a 'special' historic position.

I think the most important thing in playing for an international rugby team should be the feathers/rose/thistle/shamrock/cockrel/springbok/puma/wallaby/silver fern on the front of it, because an international shirt is also both an honour and a burden, and singling one player from a team out makes their job ten times more difficult. If they're all equally in the pressure cooker, the pressure is shared.

Hey, I am an England fan and will admit the decision was right. I don't know if the ball was grounded or not as there was no way to prove either way, so the rules are that without proof it is not a try. Fair play to Wales fo pulling it back and the end result was an good game from both sides, though not sure my heart can tak many more of those endings....

I can not abide poor camera direction during coverage of live sporting events, this afternoon's display by the BBC of Wales v Italy was ****ing piss poor.
Also posted in the rant thread, I'm that pissed off.

TBY.jpg

So, it looks like Wales are the Six Nations Champions, barring brilliance from France and England next week. Scotland vs Italy fight over the comb. Bald men.

Very sad news, one of the players you would respect due to their skill and commitment to the game no matter what team he was playing for or you supported :(

Back
Top Bottom