Site Suggestions & Updates

Re: Forum Suggestions

Topic Icons are now working.

When composing a post, you can select an icon from the list above the text entry box.

Games now available :D

Click on the Arcade tab in the navigation bar.

Edit: The games were on the old forum. I have not installed them on the new site.

You can't be that bad, you've got 2 high scores under your avatar....LOL

Woohoo! This is the 1,000th post :cheer:

Brogan, just to say that this site improves everyday - it looks the "bee's knees"! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

Thanks for the comments :)

There are still a few things that need doing but I'm very happy with the way it's progressing.

Thanks for that Penske.

Any chance you can change the main website address to the Portal Page?
This one here: http://motorsport.informe.com/portal.html

I'd like everyone to see that page at least once as it gives a nice overview of the whole site and not just the forums or chat.
It also gives a quick view of the recently uploaded images which may encourage others to use the Gallery.

Don't know if its already been asked for, but is there any chance of a forum menu bar at the top of the page as it can be a pain to navigate backwards?

The forum is faster now and is starting to look busier, so thats good. Also like the arcade. :D

Hi RickD

I agree it's a pain and I've already asked the support team for that feature.
Apparently it's called "breadcrumbs" :s

They're right in the middle of rehosting all the forums at the moment so it may take a few weeks before it's available.

Breadcrumbs is a term used recently (last few years) to relate to the cookie code and SID that is generated every time that you log into a forum like this, or an on-line shop, or similar and is used to generate the page that you are seeing based on the place and page that you were last seeing.

If you like as you move through the forum you are leaving a breadcrumb trail behind you that the site software can interrogate to see which page you are at and work out the options of all of the next pages that you are able to navigate to. What this means is that coding a site like this is much easier as the same page code is used again and again but the options on each page are set by how far your breadcrumb trail has led you into the site.

So....... In short to enable the forum menu bar you have to take this moving breadcrumb into account and it is very complicated. I would expect that it will become available, or is an option that is an add-on to V3, but that is speculation on my part......

Personally the sooner the better as I hate the current (no fault of Brogan) constantly having to find how to navigate backwards, forwards, up and down.......

Take care

TMF

What's annoying is on the v2 version of informe's forums, the breadcrumbs feature is already implemented.

Hopefully it won't be too long.

Hi Brogan. I've probably missed it, but is there a search facility on the site? and if not, is it possible to have one?

I'm trying to find where the "how to" details are as I want to learn some code... but I cant remember where it's hiding :doh:

:cheers:

Hi salti, the search box is in the top right hand corner.

I've temporarily removed the help thread as I'm still writing it.
I will hopefully be putting it back up later today.

Just wanted to remind everyone of the Calendar function.

Anyone can add events and the next 5 current events will appear at the bottom of the main page.

When adding a new event, you can assign it to 1 of 4 Event Types; Qualifying, Race, Rally or General
Also, make sure you give it the correct classification under "Who can see this event ?"; Personal, Group or Public.
If Public then everyone can see it, including Guests (people not registered).
If Group, then only members of the Registered Users group can see it (i.e. all members).
If Personal then only you can see it.

If you would like any new categories adding (e.g. Testing, Free Practice, etc.), please let me know

This is great stuff Brogan.

I could add other motorsport events onto the calendar but we could end up with more than five on a weekend and some won't appear at all...I'll have a think. Maybe just limit it to the major series like F1, BTCC, WRC and IndyCars? Or if anyone else has any requests for their favourite series, of course.

Don't worry about that GM.

I can edit how the calendar is shown.
Either the coming week or any number of events.

Feel free to add any events you like.
The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

If you need more event types creating, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom