Site Suggestions & Updates

Re: Forum Suggestions

Hi Brogan,

Being a nosey soul, I just tried to look at the "moderator required" and "welcome" topics and it says I'm "not authorized to view this forum". <wah> .... you trying to tell me I'm not wanted here lol

I can access the "forum rules" section and it has a padlock thingy so thats weird.

PS ignore the last, I see you get access theough the user control panel <doh>

Hmmm, you should still be able to view them normally when browsing the board so obviously there's a problem.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it.

Edit: I've changed the topic types back to a standard announcment so you should be able to access them now from The Dungeon.

I've just noticed, if you enter your birthday in the Control Panel, it automatically adds it to the Calendar.
Nice 8)

Morning Brogan

have just sent a PM - it's telling me that it has gone, but only shows in the outbox and not in my sent box. Is this right please? Or am being particularly stupid?

Morning

I think the PM is queued for some time and then the server sends them all at once :unsure:
Either that or they only actually get sent and delivered when the recipient logs on next.

I've had a couple showing in my outbox and re-sent them only to discover they had already been received.

If in doubt, just re-send it or compose and send a new message.

That's what I do :)

thanks Brogan

have just had a quick trawl through 606 - the mods seem to be missing a lot of the posts containing "our" link - good to see that sometimes they get things right!!

Brogan - please think of us oldies - the new page colours make it very hard to read even with my glasses on !!! Hate to be a critic, but I think they're a bit too dark.

Sorry about that - I was just testing the themes available :oops:
Normal service has now been resumed :)

I'll be putting a poll up soon so everyone can vote for their favourite theme.

You are a sweetie Brogan and a poll is a very good idea. If the vote goes against me, I have avery powerful torch I could use - teh heh!

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm an oldie myself so won't be voting for anything too harsh.
I have enough trouble seeing as it is.... lol

Hey Brogan,

Nice picture of the McLaren on the front page ... but I just wondered ;) so that we are not accused of bias towards VMM. Would it be be possible to have a range of team photos and we changed the photo every month, like a calendar so that ALL the teams get a chance to have their car on display? :p

I'm working on it :)

It takes some time to source a decent image which is of the right proportions (i.e long and skinny - landscape format, rather than portrait) and then edit it so the background is transparent (if desired).

If anyone has an image they'd like displayed, email it to administrator@cliptheapex.com and I'll incorporate it into a rotation of the best images.

Just to let everyone know I have increased the maximum number of poll options from 10 to 25.
That should be more than enough for any poll and should be useful if anyone ever wants to run a poll with all 22 (20?) drivers.

erm, ok this isnt strictly od to with the Forum, but it isn't really deserving of a whole new thread, (it doesn't happen often but im trying use my noggin and common sense here lol)

This is not my idea but but i think its a good one
How about some sort of indicator to who is in the Chat room, on the home page, it seems that no-one really understands the green,red thingy in the Chat room and also it would be nice to see who is there before going into the chat room and ending up dissapointed,
In the Chat room i read that TheMediaevalFighter (I think it was TMF anyway) reckons there is some sort of addon to do this with,
Its not an urgent thing but would make life a little easier.

AMR

There are ny number of addons for PHPBB version 2.x but this is version 3.x and I don't know if one exists for the chat notification. It was just a thought....

Take care

TMF

Hi AMR, as TMF has suggested, it's not possible to currently show who is in Chat with this flavour of v3.

It is being constantly updated and tweaked though so it may appear as an option at some point in the future.

I'm trying out a few small mod's to see whether they're worth implementing or not.

The first is Gender which can be selected in User Control Panel->Profile.
This displays your gender below your avatar if you choose to set it.

The second is Country which is also set in the UCP.
This displays your country flag below your avatar if you choose to set it.
No Welsh flag though :(

The third is Karma.
You can award +ve or -ve Karma to a user by clicking on the "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" icons.
When you do so, you will be given the option of providing comments as to why you are awarding Karma.
This is optional so leave the comments box empty and just click submit if you don't wish to leave comments.

If you wish to disable Karma for yourself, go to UCP->Board Preferences->Edit Karma Settings where you can disable it.

As ever, feedback is welcomed as to whether they are worthwhile or not.

I think the new features are a great idea, and a good addtion to the forum,, they give just that little bit of info on the people on this forum, and if any baddens come who to aviod, but im sure that won't happen :)

If the badduns do come AMR, never fear, we'll have our mice on the -ve karma button. Like if anyone related to Andrea Moda turns up... (well the team boss anyway!)

The new features are really cool! 8) This is an excellent forum. I like the karma, man. Someone has even given me a karma boost... I feel more at one with the world already! :)

Back
Top Bottom