Site Suggestions & Updates

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to change or improve the site (layout, content, etc.), please post them here.

Re: Forum Suggestions

For example, it is possible to assign "Ranks" based on number of posts or even assign special ranks.
They're just a bit of fun so nothing too serious

So far I have set them as follows:
Posts - Rank
0 - Test Driver
10 - Rookie (perhaps these first 2 should be swapped?)
25 - Novice

And that's it so far :)

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Brogan,

Would it be possible to have a section of the forum for games, trivia, polls, community announcements please?

Thanks
Salti

No problem.
You can use this forum if you like (The Lounge), which is for all off-topic conversation.

Or would you prefer a completely separate one?
If so, what do you want it called and where do you want it?

There is actually a Portal page which can be used for announcements, polls, etc. but I think it would be better to keep everything in 1 place, on the forums (mainly because only the Site Admin can post there).
What do you think?

Thanks .. the lounge is ideal but I thought it was locked to new comment.

Since str8y's come over here we need a place for the "silly schoolgirl games" I love to indulge in.

Hmm.. might start one now :D

saltirelass said:
It shouldn't be - only the 2 stickies at the top are locked.

Since str8y's come over here we need a place for the "silly schoolgirl games" I love to indulge in.

Let me know if you have any problems creating a new post.

P.S. I was trying to think of a relevant name for "The Lounge" but "Pit Lane" didn't seem to fit. Any ideas?

Haha large I LOVE your Avatar <biggrin> LOL

.. and the Dungeeon seems as good name as we're gonna get :)

After all, it was MM's antics there thats the reason for this place ;)

saltirelass said:

Silly schoolgirl games - with my reputation? What were they thinking of?

13thduke2.jpg

I've added a Calendar function here, accessible from the link on the blue bar at the upper right.

Anyone can add events and the next 5 current events will appear at the bottom of the main page.

When adding a new event, make sure you give it the correct classification; Personal, Group or Public.
If it's Public then everyone can see it, including Guests (people not registered).
If Group, then only members of the Registered Users group can see it (i.e. all members).
If Personal then only you can see it.

Hope it's useful.

largeflowered said:
I can't get over how it now says "Return to The Dungeon" at the bottom of the page!!!

lol
Even worse, it's now moderated by Max! :o

I'm a bit confused .. who's this google (bot) and and yahoo (bot) that keep appearing in the member list .... kind of appropriate bots appearing in the dungeon!

I feel we're being watched aahhh!!! and Max the moderator <yikes>

On a more serious note; is there anywhere we can add a list of useful links like team websites, newspapers, technical websites etc ?

saltirelass said:
I'm a bit confused .. who's this google (bot) and and yahoo (bot) that keep appearing in the member list .... kind of appropriate bots appearing in the dungeon!

I feel we're being watched aahhh!!! and Max the moderator <yikes>
The bots are just collecting data for search engines as far as I know.... :unsure:
It's standard on all forums, they're just usually hidden.

On a more serious note; is there anywhere we can add a list of useful links like team websites, newspapers, technical websites etc ?
Presumably for F1?
I'll make a post in the F1 forum and turn it into a 'sticky' so it stays at the top of the page.
Just add to the thread and I'll copy all content into the 1st post.

Brogan , Is it possible to allow non-members to be able to vote in the polls , and I could post a link to them from the str8polls on 606 ?

This could give the site more traffic, and possibly snare a few more users!

str8guy said:
Brogan , Is it possible to allow non-members to be able to vote in the polls , and I could post a link to them from the str8polls on 606 ?

This could give the site more traffic, and possibly snare a few more users!
On it now.
Not sure if it's possible but I'll check.

I have a feeling though any links to here will be removed by the mod's.
Worth a try though ;)

Back
Top Bottom