Site Suggestions & Updates

Galleries functionality

Social style news feed

Editorial section (great for SEO and providing feeds and syndication to third parties)

Better integration with social channels. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter

Improved implementation of social sharing widgets

Much more "timely" homepage.

Driver and Team profiles. (editorial rather than forum, but linked into forum)

Marketplace section with links to dealers for merchandise, tickets. A real potential for affiliate revenue generation here.

Merchandise

Competitions as a driver for registration and participation.

Apple favourites icon.

Navigable footer

Editorial section (great for SEO and providing feeds and syndication to third parties)
No time.
Much more "timely" homepage.
No time.
Driver and Team profiles. (editorial rather than forum, but linked into forum)
No time (although FB has done them, I just need to do the pages).

My priority now is my daughter and everything else, in that order.

Any member is free to produce any content they wish to though.

For most of the rest, you need to post on the official forum for the software as I don't develop it: http://xenforo.com/community/

Would you like fries with that?
No time.

No time.

No time (although FB has done them, I just need to do the pages).

I'll help. Happy to..

My priority now is my daughter and everything else, in that order.

Any member is free to produce any content they wish to though.

For most of the rest, you need to post on the official forum for the software as I don't develop it: http://xenforo.com/community/

I' ll help. Happy to.

I' ll help. Happy to.
Glad to hear it :)

I do plan to add some more stuff over the winter but as everything is done manually now (since we lost our coder/database guy), I need to limit it.

Just updating the Race Hub for the new season is going to be a job in itself, as all the new data and pages need to be created, as well as the existing circuit pages updated with Galahad's stat's and write-ups, the new forum nodes created, permissions set, etc.

Eventually, hopefully we can get it all into a new database which will make life a whole lot easier...

I've added a small block to the home page in the sidebar just below the countdown timer.

It just makes it easier to get to the race discussion thread and the DotW poll and may even encourage more browsers/lurkers to get involved.

Unfortunately there isn't calendar functionality in this new software yet, but it is planned for a future release.

What exactly would you want from a calendar?

I have considered using a Google Calendar and embedding it in a page.
I don't have time to add all the events to it and keep it updated though.

We do now have a shared CTA Google account so if someone wants to take that on...

Unfortunately there isn't calendar functionality in this new software yet, but it is planned for a future release.

What exactly would you want from a calendar?

I have considered using a Google Calendar and embedding it in a page.
I don't have time to add all the events to it and keep it updated though.

We do now have a shared CTA Google account so if someone wants to take that on...

I think you can subscribe to the calendar from the F1 site and import it into Google Calendars. I'll come back and edit this post once I find it.

This'll do: http://www.f1calendar.com/

I am in the process of moving all the images to sprites and taking the opportunity to update some of the HTML & CSS at the same time.

You may notice some images missing from time to time.
Performing a hard refresh of your browser should resolve it; usually that involves pressing CTRL and F5 at the same time.

I am in the process of moving all the images to sprites and taking the opportunity to update some of the HTML & CSS at the same time.

You may notice some images missing from time to time.
Performing a hard refresh of your browser should resolve it; usually that involves pressing CTRL and F5 at the same time.

Check you out, reducing your HTTP requests. ;)

Next up, you should have a look at minifying and combining your JS and CSS requests in the head. If you can get a plugin to combine all JS into 1 file then you will save 7 more requests on each page. ;)

Back
Top Bottom