Singapore 2009

I do agree that tyres may be an issue as they are using the super softs here and we know that he wears his tyres more quickly than (most?) other drivers.

As long as the stint is reasonable though he should be OK.

As for Kovy, he just seems to disappoint more with each race.
He had arguably his best chance all year at Monza and yet just didn't convert it to a decent race.

My top 4 are, in no particular order are:

Hamilton
Vettel
Webber
Alonso

King_Alonso786 said:
My Prediction for tomorrows race:

1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Alonso

I hope Barrichello can haul himself up in to the top 5 and Button finishes with Zero points. Roll on sunday!

2 out of 3 aint bad though me thinks Rosberg was robbed IMO

I feel robbed may be a strong term, but Rosberg was incredibly unlucky with the timing of the Safety Car. Vitantonio Liuzzi was sufficiently unaided by Sutil's crash to render any suspicions.

I also thought about Renault pulling out Romain Grosjean early, raise no suspicions! Anyway, fantastic results for Timo Glock and Fernando Alonso.

I expect a 10 place grid drop for Sutil, he was silly to hit Heidfeld. (And congratulations to Glock for avoiding the German full house!)

But, realistically, there was only one winner from when Barrichello hit the wall yesterday. Well done, Lewis, a deserved win, and a great way to answer your critics after Monza.

Although Nico was unlucky with the timing of the safety car, it was his own fault that he was penalised in the first place for driving straight over the pit exit chevrons.

That was the worst pit exit I've seen in a long time LOL

Brogan said:
That was the worst pit exit I've seen in a long time LOL

Can I remind you of Luca Badoer's pit exit at the European Grand Prix, where he inexplicably let Romain Grosjean past and went over the white line?

EL_NANDO said:
And almost as bad as Lewis in China 2007..

Wasn't that a pit ENTRY? 8-)

Missed the race today but it seems like it was a pretty poor race despite the best efforts of the trigger happy stewards. Great result for each of the podium finishers but no one will be happier today than Button.

EL_NANDO said:
Yup, the worst pit exit since Lewis at Canada 2008. And almost as bad as Lewis in China 2007..
That's your 3rd strike.

Have a 7 day holiday from the forum for blatant trolling.

This hit me during the race, as it could be an issue in future. If the race does not go full distance and is dry, must both prime and option tyres be used? This could be an issue if there is a long Safety Car period and they finish 10 laps short or something similar.

I dunno about that TBY, it is a good point though. I think that most races are over in around 90 mins and it is only Singapore which is so long in time where the problem could occur. That said I would think that the rule would apply and teams would have to pit to use the option tyre or risk a 25 second penalty after the race.

Something struck me today about particularly the opening stint. Hamilton, Rosberg and Vettel are the future of F1 as the best of that generation and today was the very first time I can remember seeing them all racing together in similar paced cars. I think in terms of pace they were fairly well matched but they made mistakes under the pressure which Lewis seems able to cope with now.

Interesting race though, not particularly full of incident but it was something very interesting to see the new breed come to the front. Can't believe I will say this but I agree with Eddie Jordan, open out those corners to widen the track giving the drivers better chances to overtake.

One thing I noticed, why does Lewis always drive so well when there are celebs around? Last year at Monaco he was epic and he celebrated with PDiddy in the pits, this weekend he entertained Beyonce and Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas and he did not put a wheel wrong. If I were Martin Whitmarsh, I would go to every length to make sure that there was an international tour of pop stars following every step of the F1 calendar.

BlackCountryBob said:
Something struck me today about particularly the opening stint. Hamilton, Rosberg and Vettel are the future of F1 as the best of that generation and today was the very first time I can remember seeing them all racing together in similar paced cars.
Snap!
I made the same comment during the race :thumbsup:

Brogan said:
BlackCountryBob said:
Something struck me today about particularly the opening stint. Hamilton, Rosberg and Vettel are the future of F1 as the best of that generation and today was the very first time I can remember seeing them all racing together in similar paced cars.
Snap!
I made the same comment during the race :thumbsup:

You know what they say about great minds.

Back
Top Bottom