Sergio Perez signs for Redbull

After much delibration, Redbull finally decided to demote Albon to Reserve driver and replaced him with Sergio Perez. After the few wobbles that we have seen in Verstapenn, it seems Redbull has gone for experience and consistency which is abundant in Sergio Perez. This has got to be one of the strongest lineup on the grid for 2021. Certainly enough for Mercedes and Ferrari to take note of.

Perez who inspite of missing out on two races due to COVID and a DNF on course to a well deserved 2nd place podium, still managed to finish 4th in the driver's championship in a midfield car that seemed to have an up and down performance.

Racing Point kicked him out for Vettel but he has landed squarely on his feet at Redbull whom are still trying to sort out their engine for the 2022 season. It is interesting to note that Perez landed in a seat that Vettel was ruled out of. What does that say for Vettel?

yeah ive said a different thread that perez made sense give albon time to develop because you cant shove a guy into a elite car 10 races after coming from F2. unless they are some of best to ever race in F1. even Alonso, Verstappen, Kimi had at least a year in midfield car to learn. that red bull fault really because their academy for what ever reason has dried up. mercedes will be worried because for the 1st time Webber? you have an experienced driver in that car. perez time at mclaren is alot like red bull a newcomer against 1 of the best & in car at beginning of the doldrums. think if he can do what he did in portimao & bahrain double in racing point what can he do in a much better car

i think mercedes will be worried as for the 1st time in a while it wont be 2 v 1, red bull have got 2 cards to play & as we all know that when mercedes would like to 2 stop, perez could force mercedes into stretching 1 of them into a 1 stop

Vettel we will find out next season as that is huge for him. his reputation isnt great currently. been hired by whatever they are called. purely on experience & if he gets beaten by stroll he will very quickly be moved into the kimi category

Vettel is finished, that's what it says, and Red Bull knew it years ago - it's taken Ferrari a bit longer, as usual.
Perez who inspite of missing out on two races due to COVID and a DNF on course to a well deserved 2nd place podium, still managed to finish 4th in the driver's championship in a midfield car that seemed to have an up and down performance.

That is certainly one interpretation. Another would be: the RP was the second fastest car this year, and the drivers' general lack of pace and up-and-down form made it look like a midfielder.

That is certainly one interpretation. Another would be: the RP was the second fastest car this year, and the drivers' general lack of pace and up-and-down form made it look like a midfielder
i think for 1st few yes but by Silverstone. they were 3rd best

Red Bull do not re -sign drivers that have driven for them in the past which is clear

They clearly see Vettel as the past plus he has a rivalry with Verstappen which I expect will see throw toys out of the pram and he will not get the love from Helmut like before

It is also worth noting that Vettel was ruled out at a point in time when they were still giving Albon a shot. It would be inaccurate to say they chose Perez over Vettel. By the time they decided to ditch Albon, Vettel was under contract, and Red Bull's choice was Perez vs Hulkenberg.

Red Bull ruled out Vettel when he became available. The two reasons I mentioned before are the drivers behind that Vettel would never accept he is No2 to Verstappen

alex albon on this red bull picture is really cracking me up. picture definitely tells a thousand words. can imagine albon thinking they dump me at last min but in DTM & they want be to happy LOL

Screenshot_20210128-202002_Instagram.jpg

Back
Top Bottom