Screen resolution problem

McZiderRed

Champion Elect
Supporter
I seem to have developed a screen resolution problem. The size of the site content has decreased and only takes up about a third of the screen, and the font is small. This only appears to be affected for CTA using Firefox - all other website are normal. CTA using Internet Explorer is normal size.

Not sure what I've done... :s

Is this on the same device?
Which style are you using - Fixed or Fluid?

Have you perhaps zoomed out in Firefox?

I seem to remember having precisely the same problem a while ago - only in reverse.
The site's page would zoom in by itself and it only ever happened on CTA. Using Firefox.

It kept randomly doing so for about a month and then the problem just totally disappeared, and I hadn't changed anything at all. :dunno:

I'm not currently seeing any issues using Fixed or Fluid on FF 28.0/Win 7.

It could be a Win 8 build issue I suppose.

I don't use firefox anymore I got pissed off with it being to buggy.

McZiderRed Have you intentionally or unintentionally installed an ad on called zoom page or autozoom or no squint or something like that?

Edit

You could try starting firefox in safe mode (The browser not your computer) and see if you have the same issue..

Last edited:
Is this on the same device?
Which style are you using - Fixed or Fluid?

Have you perhaps zoomed out in Firefox?

It's on the same device, my laptop.
The style is fluid (but it's the same if changed to fixed).

How do you zoom out in firefox?

Mephistopheles I haven't downloaded anything like that, as far as I'm aware.

I think it was while I was typing a post earlier today, that I looked up at the screen and noticed that the page and font had reduced to a small size. I was a bit taken aback but couldn't work out if I'd hit something unintentionally...

(... I read everything I type and think I'm speaking in a squeaky voice!)

If it's happening on both styles then it sounds like some sort of custom setting for the site.

Press CTRL+0 to reset the zoom.

Do you have another device with Firefox on you can test with?
That would prove if it's your laptop.

If it's happening on both styles then it sounds like some sort of custom setting for the site.

Hold the CTRL key and move the mousewheel away from you to zoom in.

That's it. Thank you!! :)

Issue sorted. I've held down the CTRL key, moved mouse wheel away from me and the screen resolution grows bigger! Hey-presto!

You know, I never knew you could do that! :facepalm:

Thanks Brogan! Sorry for me being stupid. :embarrassed:

The control key is quite useful in a browser for instance if you have several tabs open holding the ctrl key and pressing a number will take you to that tab so ctrl 6 will take you straight to tab number 6 and so on..

Back
Top Bottom