Schuey Pulls Out

cider_and_toast said:
If he does score points (and he's in my fantasy team so he will LOL ) I wonder who will take his record??

This list is from the end of 2005:

Brett Lunger         34
Tora Takagi 32
Enrique Bernoldi 28
Mike Beuttler 28
Ricardo Rossett 27
Rupert Keegan 25
Huub Rothengatter 25

You see, Tora Tagaki is a much more deserving recipient of that particular record than Luca. He never looked anything other than rubbish in F1 and there were no Nurburgring-Badoer moments for him. I also wouldn't say Enrique Bernoldi looked fantastic!

I just think Luca has been in the no-mark deadwaters of F1 when he's got a drive and it would be fantastic to see the man who helped develop cars that won the Constructors' Championship in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007* and 2008 get rid of that goddawful record that has less to do with his competence and more to do with the incompetence of Lola Scuderia Italia, Forti Corse and Minardi (RIP).

I reluctantly agree that it's a shame that schumi won't race, but tears shed - they are not.
On one level, it would have been interesting to see how he fared, but on the other hand, I'm not a fan and was glad he retired the first time. :)

The test drivers should be first in line. Schumi, NO! Get in line.... wait, what's that I hear? Ferrari want three cars next season? I thought there was concern over cost cutting?

Ah, I knew it was to good to be true - just one big conspiracy to sell tickets for perhaps the dullest race of the year. The qualifying will be more exciting than the race me thinks.

Guess it's too late for the expectant fans to get their money back...

Back
Top Bottom