Saving F1 (2018 edition)

Fake (implies Hamilton's) wins says Perez? I would agree with him with respect 2014, 2015, 2016 and we can include 2017. MB was on their own. This year MB has one challenger, next year there could be 3 or 4 teams in running. It is getting tight in the elite group.

Well it's much easier to win the championship when your car is head and shoulders above the rest, so for me, it's not exactly an achievement. Now if you win it when you don't have the best car......

That is why I don't understand all this talk about how great Hamilton is, in the car he's been driving he should be winning the title. The only person he's really beaten (apart from 2016 when he didn't even manage that) is his team mate.

Well it's much easier to win the championship when your car is head and shoulders above the rest, so for me, it's not exactly an achievement. Now if you win it when you don't have the best car......

That is why I don't understand all this talk about how great Hamilton is, in the car he's been driving he should be winning the title. The only person he's really beaten (apart from 2016 when he didn't even manage that) is his team mate.
So it has been noticed in racing circles in US. Media of F1 can write whatever they want, but racers aren't dummies, and the general smug attitude must insult them. First it is gap in equipment performance, and then you have a MB's Team Principal wiping this all over their faces telling them how his driver is special (implies better than they are).

In the mid part of this season, despite having the slower car, he was quick enough to put pressure on Vettel and cause Vettel to lose races he should have won. This was key.

P1

If,by mid-season you mean from approx Spain to Belgium, Mercedes had far more pole positions and fastest laps in that span. How does that equate to being in the slower car?

Vettel has made some mistakes, that have stood out all the more next to Hammy's faultless campaign, but Vettel's lost this championship more because his car isn't quick enough than due to mistakes he's made.

Its a shame that for two years in a row the championship has fizzled out too early. If Ferrari had maintained their competitive edge to the end then both the last two years would have been epic seasons. So I blame Ferrari. Not Liberty, not Vettel – Ferrari. For being smashed by Mercedes. Oh and Red Bull.

Saving F1? The midfield aren't gonna do much for a while. Regs can help the racing to a point, but if one team is clear no.1 then there's no of end-of-season drama, and it doesn't matter how good the mid-field racing is if it's all over by September. So it's up to Ferrari and Red Bull to step up.

both season should have had a title decider but neither will happen because vettel handed it to Mercedes in Singapore, when they like lewis on weekend he should've thought long term & then the upgrades that made the car slower cost them this season it is a big shame

but midfield are victims as they have no chance they there is glass ceiling

Back
Top Bottom