Russian GP to be cancelled?

Very true teabagyokel Most countries wouldn't be where they are today without committing some atrocities along the way. Is it possible to come up with a calendar that would be made up of entirely of ethical countries?

You clearly couldn't even include the Vatican in such a list, after the Crusades with Rome's "go kill heathens for Christ" mandate.

There is nothing that can be done about the past except to learn from it perhaps!

Last edited:
My point is that sport is not and should never be a political platform especially when the people doing the finger pointing aren't as squeaky clean as they would like to think and as for the Americans I never even mentioned Guantanamo bay and the illegal detention of hundreds of innocent people without legal representation.

In fact I would say that sport should be a platform for uniting people not segregating them did the ordinary people of Russia who will go and see the race and possibly enjoy a day out have anything to do with the shooting down of that plane?

Do we Britons have any influence over our own governments warmongering?

Last edited:
Maybe I did but I do not believe these aircraft were shot down on purpose from the point of view of being civilian aircraft that is, just like I don't believe that American's actively go around killing British troops on purpose and wasn't that aircraft off course and flying through prohibited Russian air space at the same time as an American reconnaissance mission and so was mistaken for a spy plane as the Americans in their wisdom used aircraft specifically built for civilian air travel and that model in particular as spy planes it's okay to hide a tree in the woods but not when it puts innocent lives at risk..

Last edited:
Except Russian fighters made visual contact with KAL 007 before shooting it down. They knew what it was!

What possible gain could any government achieve by shooting down civilian aircraft with innocent people on board? If you can answer me that then I just might buy into the "It was done on purpose theory."

For every crime there has to be a motive so what is Russia's motive? They don't have one, more likely it was just a horrible mistake by the people directly involved, it's best not to let the emotions rule the head and go and get all gung-ho about about putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 especially when people don't know the full story and the known facts point to 2 and 2 actually making 4..

Blimey I would have been arrested as a commie in America back in the 50's under McCarthy law.

Last edited:
Very true teabagyokel Most countries wouldn't be where they are today without committing some atrocities along the way. Is it possible to come up with a calendar that would be made up of entirely of ethical countries?
F1Yorkshire - Maybe Costa Rica?
I'm sure a few Lancastrians would highlight the blight of Yorkshire and their reason for Boycotting the Mushy Peas Grand Prix of Yorkshire. :D:D:D

I very much hope that reason will win to not mix politics and sport.
This is without even taking into account that those who call for a boycott try to judge with no real information.

Same was already in recent history.
May be recall the situation in August 2008 in Georgia.
Russia was blamed in begun conflict immediately.
But in the end it turned out that it was Georgia unleashed carnage and began bombing defenseless city of Tskhinvali on the night of the opening of the Beijing Olympics.

I agree that politics and sport shouldn't be mixed too much, but it is inevitable that they are. Only today Nick Clegg (a British politician who's a bit of an arse) was saying that Russia should be stripped of the world cup and Russian GP.

Except Russian fighters made visual contact with KAL 007 before shooting it down. They knew what it was!

What they knew?
"Soviet Air Defence Force units that had been tracking the South Korean aircraft for more than an hour while it entered and left Soviet airspace now classified the aircraft as a military target when it re-entered their airspace over Sakhalin Island."
And main in this situation was that: "the aircraft did not respond to warnings"

This tragedy is a result of the Cold War.
By the way, not the Soviets declared this war.

Cleggy will say anything to curry favour at the moment. If Russia can put on a race which is safe for the teams and the spectators go ahead. There are many other races on the calender with regimes as, or more, oppressive than Russia, they just happen to be in the Top 10 news items at the moment.

I agree that politics and sport shouldn't be mixed too much, but it is inevitable that they are. Only today Nick Clegg (a British politician who's a bit of an arse) was saying that Russia should be stripped of the world cup and Russian GP.
And has Nick Clegg evidence of Russian blame?
Or is he a worthy disciple of the U.S. State Department official voice Jen Psaki?
It is like: "I don't know but Russia is blame"

olegg Nick Glegg and David Cameron are both total knob heads who would bend over and take up the arse from president Obama if they were told to, in fact they often do metaphorically speaking...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom