Rosetta awakens, does great job, crashed, job done.

You know the way your eyes end up playing tricks on you when you' re affected by insomnia?...

Crm_jDoWAAEx7gV.jpg:large

So, not fed up with dropping trash all over our own planet we are now littering objects far, far away in space. Unless all the Sci-Fi films I've watched over the years have been lying to me aren't all spaceships fitted with a self destruct sequence? Can't they blow it up once it has hit the surface?

So, not fed up with dropping trash all over our own planet we are now littering objects far, far away in space. Unless all the Sci-Fi films I've watched over the years have been lying to me aren't all spaceships fitted with a self destruct sequence? Can't they blow it up once it has hit the surface?
There's a warehouse in the Nevada desert that's collecting all that rubbish for you FB.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the impact of crash-landing the probe onto the comet' s surface resulted in an unaccounted-for orbital change that ultimately knocked it onto a colision course with the earth and smashed bang into ESA' s headquarters before annihilating us all? I' d be laughing my arse off on the other side of my face if that happened. Literally.

Back
Top Bottom