Rob Smedley and Mushy peas

Or indeed, Portuguese...! ;)

I think we need to respect more multilingual people, especially for those of us who are not multilingual. He has to speak Portuguese, Italian, English and Northern for his job!

Why is it that Smedley is normally referred to as hailing from Yorkshire by the UK press, but for this story he suddenly comes from Middlesbrough, is it supposed to suggest that he acquired his motor industry skills by studying hubcaps on the mean streets?

Why is it that Smedley is normally referred to as hailing from Yorkshire by the UK press, but for this story he suddenly comes from Middlesbrough, is it supposed to suggest that he acquired his motor industry skills by studying hubcaps on the mean streets?

Middlesbrough resides in the ceremonial county of North Yorkshire. And don't insult Middlesbrough...

I think it was somewhat premeditated. I don't think anyone can come up with lines such as "they call their mushy peas guacamole" off the cuff!

That's based on Peter Mandelson's legendary request upon seeing mushy peas in the chip shop and asking for some of the guacamole! (Sorry, getting off topic now!)

I've learned something new, I never knew those Northeastern Yorkshire wannabe's are actually Yorkshiremen even though its only a ceremonial title.....

That's them damned party political Gerrymanders who have no respect for culture, history or tradition. They redraw the county boundaries, tromp on citizen's cultural identities in the hope (oft realised because of a supine silent majority) that they can distort elections in their favour. Is it any wonder, for example, that the born and bred of Cornwall have long craved independence? They know that sooner or later Cornwall will be subsumed into some curious new constituency - perhaps with those blasted Devonians next door. Meanwhile, the Devonians next door are equally despondent about being swallowed whole by those blasted Cornwallites. I mean, when was the last time you had one of those truly delicious, gigantic Cornish Pasties without actually having to go to the West Country or (heaven forbid) London to get one? You know the ones with real chunks of beef and potatoes that you can actually taste. The whole thing is a disgrace. >:(

We want a multi-countyrural Britain. Equal rights for countymenandwomen!:cheer:When do we want it? Now!>:(

Back
Top Bottom