Races Entered 107
Race Wins 15
Pole Positions 20
Fastest Laps 12
Driver World Championships 1
Constructor World Championships 1

Team History

Before Red Bull

In 1997 Paul Stewart, aided by his father Jackie and the Ford Motor Company, made the leap from F3000 to F1 as an entrant. Jonny Herbert won 1 race for the Stewart team before it was sold off to Ford who re-branded the cars as Jaguar.

Ford stuck with it through thick and thin (mainly thin) through to the end of 2004 before selling the team to Dietrich Mateschitz, who owns the Red Bull drinks brand, for $1 on the understanding he invested $400 million over 3 years

Red Bull Racing

With Christian Horner installed as team principal, McLaren refugee David Coulthard and Christian Klien as the drivers Red Bull went racing. Their first season was certainly more successful than Jaguar had managed, even with the same Cosworth power plant, with Coulthard managing a 4th place at the European Grand Prix and the team finishing 7th in the Constructors Championship.

Adrian Newey joined from McLaren as chief designer for 2006 and Red Bull swapped to Ferrari engines. Coulthard managed a podium at his "home" race in Monaco prompting Christian Horner to jump naked, other than wearing a red cape, into a swimming pool.

Christian Klien, who shared the car with Vitantonio Liuzzi in 2005 and Robert Doornbos in 2006, departed the team for 2007 and was replaced by Mark Webber. The RB3 was the first full "Newey" car and was coupled with a Renault motor. The car was very unreliable, suffering from a variety of different problems but Webber managed a podium at the European Grand Prix and the team finished 5th in the WCC.

Retaining the same engine and drivers for 2008 Red Bull slipped back to 7th in the WCC and again only managed a single podium, for Coulthard in Canada, but the reliability issues which plagued the car the previous season were mainly resolved.

2009 was Red Bull's break through year. With Coulthard having retired Webber was joined by Red Bull junior driver Sebastien Vettel. The new rules allowed Newey to design a car which challenged for both the Drivers and Constructors Championship. Webber won 2 races, Vettel 4 and the team climbed to 2nd in WCC taking 3 pole positions en-route.

In 2010 Red Bull justified Mateschitz's investment winning the Constructors title and Vettel the Drivers Championship. They won 9 races through the season, 5 for Vettel and 4 for Webber and took 10 poles. Webber led the title race for much of the season but it was the 23 year old Vettel who stole the title in the last race of the season and became the youngest Champion as a result.

2011 sees the team retain the same driver line up as 2010 and continue with Renault engine power in the new RB7 car.

yeah i have big doubts about that but Perez will have to force red bull into it & if he can stay within 10pts or prefably ahead of verstappen. then horner cant do anything

yeah i have big doubts about that but Perez will have to force red bull into it & if he can stay within 10pts or prefably ahead of verstappen. then horner cant do anything
Well Perez made it clear in Barcelona that he should be given equal chances to go for the win and he answered back in Monaco

I have not seen Verstappen trounced like that such that his dad is making noises Red Bull cost his son 10pts which he did not deserve to be fair

I saw this on the RACE yesterday

I'm waiting to see Horner and Marko stand up to Jos and tell him to mind his own business about how to run the team

It would give me great pleasure to see just how overrated Verstappen is when his teammate can race him . Those ignoring team orders are going to come back again like the numerous times he screwed Sainz and Ricciardo

------

On a separate note Perez's contract means the end of Albon and Gasly getting promoted but their junior drivers they aint doing great in F2 to be fast tracked into F1 . The one they pinned their hopes on was Vips but Daruvala is a bit more consistent so you wonder if there is a shock promotion like they did with Verstappen over Sainz first which no doubt Jos had a hand in it

Last edited:
I'm waiting to see Horner and Marko stand up to Jos and tell him to mind his own business about how to run the team
they didnt with Vettel. you couldve thought a few times that Vettel was driver & team principal

& F2 on pure pace i would promote Juri Vips because his is much quicker than darualvla even it his results dont show because he qualified on pole in imola front row in Barcelona but has had dreadful luck in the races so has nothing to show for it

Last edited:
they didnt with Vettel. you couldve thought a few times that Vettel was driver & team principal

& F2 on pure pace i would promote Juri Vips because his is much quicker than darualvla even it his results dont show because he qualified on pole in imola front row in Barcelona but has had dreadful luck in the races so has nothing to show for it
With Vettel it was obvious he was the golden child of Red Bull and the first true one when it did not work with Liuzzi - who was messed about , Klein - who was giving plenty of chances to put away Uncle David and Speed who was not quick enough. Webber always had a knife against his throat because Helmut made sure Vettel was the success story and in line with Red Bull ethos.

Turkey 2010 and Silverstone 2010 showed really Vettel was the main driver around those incidents especially the way Horner handled things , Malaysia 2013 was the one that finally broke Webber after so many years keeping Marko off his back.

It will be interesting to see if Horner does go in line with Marko if he sides with Verstappen like the above mentioned because then what does Perez do. I mean 2024 probably will be his last year in F1 so he might say f*** it I am going out in style

Last edited:
I’ve realised I don’t dislike Verstappen. It’s who he is surrounded by that I despise and unfortunately all the smoke being blown up his arse makes him think his tactics are okay. But it’s Horner, Marko and his Dad who are utter arseholes. Max is talented and his head is screwed on and he’s arrogant. Makings of a future legitimate world champion.
That said, I’ve been mocked for about 10 years now about my support for Checo. I still think he’s got it in him as long as he doesn’t play bitch boy.

Hamberg as a person he can be questionable. but as i said on different thread. his talent is unquestionable & there were many races. i would guess he would finish on 3 or 4 world championships.

Of course the N word is infinitely worse than calling somebody a retard and mongel, and happily racing in a country that punishes being gay. So quite right they’ve suspended him!

Last edited:
Of course the N word is infinitely worse than calling somebody a retard and mongel, and happily racing in a country that punishes being gay. So quite right they’ve suspended him!
Vips does seem to be a bit of tosser and full of himself in much the same vein as Verstappen . I think he will find his fast track to F1 like Ticktum could be over .

It will be interesting to see Red Bull's stance because its sets precedence or should do for all of its drivers including Verstappen

That's one tosser out of Red Bull who's next?

I suggest to advise Nelson Piquet to stay away from their garage before they are being accused of double standards

So if Porsche enter F1 in 2026, at least we have an end date for Verstappen's consecutive run of WDCs.. 4 in a row from 22 to 25 and then it will be someone else's turn.

Back
Top Bottom