Current Red Bull Racing

Dartman

Points Scorer
I can't think in metric distance I know that 30mph is 44ft/sec and I can estimate 100yards therefore in a 30mph limit I can judge whether or not I have time to cross the road using lamposts as a distance guide, should I use metric I may well end up in hospital, GMT or BST does not help or hinder the equationLOL

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
Adealaide has half an hour difference in its time zone to Melbourne. I always thought that was werid and uneeded.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
The whole of China works on a single time zone despite stretching across at least 3, maybe 4. Not sure why but I'm sure the Chinese have a good reason.

Anywho, what the feck does any of this have to do with Red Bull? Are we running a sweep on how many engines the team will get through in 2019?

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Helmut has ran his mouth saying Red Bull will be front runners and Max will be champ and Mclaren at the back
- Note hardly endorsing Gasly is it with such statement and a swipe at Mclaren/Renault for different reasons

Izumi

Banned
Improved Honda would give RBR chance on several tracks. I would not discount them from winning at least 5 races, if not more.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Whilst Red Bull are talking up their chances ... no one noticed that Gasly crashing the car meant on Friday they did not do proper running for Verstappen

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
So now it is a car problem: Red Bull must quickly improve car says Verstappen

"We have more questions for the chassis than for the Honda engines," admitted team boss Christian Horner.

It was my impression from their repeated angry public pronouncements over the last few years that the car was damn near perfect and their only problem was the engine (Renault). Suddenly the engine is near perfect and their car is the problem? If the engine is so damn good, why isn't Toro Rosso ahead of Renault and McLaren-Renault.

Red BS.

RasputinLives

Contributor
I actually think they are telling the truth here. Aero has been reduced and having the best aero package was always why they were as quick as they so it makes sense they suddenly have less speed.

Honda are doing a decent job of getting up to speed and seen more reliable than the Renault's already.

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
I actually think they are telling the truth here. Aero has been reduced and having the best aero package was always why they were as quick as they so it makes sense they suddenly have less speed.

Honda are doing a decent job of getting up to speed and seen more reliable than the Renault's already.
Well, they do look a little lost compared to last year, but then so does Toro Rosso. Are they both struggling with aero?

RasputinLives

Contributor
I think Toro Rosso are in the exact same place as they were last year it's just the midfield has closed up and some have gone past them. They had Honda power last year anyways.

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
I think Toro Rosso are in the exact same place as they were last year it's just the midfield has closed up and some have gone past them. They had Honda power last year anyways.
Yes but the engine is supposed to be (much) better than last year. This should show up in Toro Rosso’s results.

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Unless everyone around them has improved too. Quite good evidence for that.
We’ll have to see. It is only two races into the season, but I am not sure that Red Bull is as competive this year against Mercedes and Ferrari as they were last season...and Toro Rosso looks to have fallen behind Renault and Mclaren-Renault.

siffert_fan

Too old to watch the Asian races live.
Contributor
Ever since Max came on board there have been rumours aplenty that he is less than stellar at chassis setup. The rumours also said that DR excelled at this so, when Max had really screwed things up, the team would put DRs setup on Max's car to correct things. They don't have that option anymore

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Top Bottom