Rugby RBS 6 Nations 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing, my team is totally random, so I'm expecting the wooden spoon. I love watching Rugby, especially the six nations, but I'm no expert.

I got a feeling the championship is going to be quite open this year no 1 team looked outstanding and the bonus points should keep anyone who was 'unlucky' in the fight.

Looking forward to see how it all plays out after this coming weekend.

Last edited:
Brilliant England v Wales match. I am shouting for England. Hubby being as English as they come, I'm half and half, so I have split loyalties.
The Ireland score was eye watering.

A great game between England and Wales. There were long spells where Wales were clearly the better side but as long as they didn't turn all of that into points, England had a chance. It only took one moment and that was that. Brilliant play from both sides.

Standard year for Italy.

I am so in favour of creating a European Rugby cup to be run every 4 years between World cups. Lets start to help grow rugby.

Italy have come on but could really do with a few more games around, their level. Georgia should be playing more senior teams.

Even the likes of Russia, Germany and Ukraine have been growing in strength.

A European cup with two groups of five is more than achievable.

I think if Georgia want to join we should just let them. the whole relegation thing would be counter productive and seriously harm the team that was relegated. The championship managed fine with an odd number of teams for decades when it was the 5 nations. So why not the 7 nations.

I'm no rugby fan (as some of you may know) but would inviting Germany to join even a second division championship be a sensible idea? From what I can work out rugby union is about strength, discipline and organisation. Would you really want the Germans taking part in a sport where these are three key ingredients? :D

Eddie Jones...

04BE3D54CC9C1209F858E722E15F936BC313ADEE

A Potato

eddiejones_3466468b.jpg

I know this sounds daft but there is a small part of me that was disappointed with the result of the England Scotland game.

I settled in front of the TV expecting a hard fought, tense and close game.

It was a great performance from England.

Back
Top Bottom