Poll Racing For HRT ; Snog, Marry, Avoid ?

Racing for HRT. Snog Marry Avoid

• Marry : Yes I would race for HRT long term in the hope of developing the cars and moving up the grid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Greenlantern101

Super Hero And All Round Good Guy
Contributor
HRT are the undisputed rear end of Formula 1 now seemingly falling away from the other improving 'new' teams such Lotus and Virgin.

Is driving for HRT a good idea ? Lets look at the drivers who have, and the ones that are still doing so.

HRT's previous drivers

Karun Chandhok - With 10 races in 2010 and 1 race (so far) in 2011 all for HRT he is a nice guy with good potential, hoping for a permanent seat in F1. Is racing the odd race for HRT the way to go about it ?

Brunno Senna Lalli - The only HRT driver who has so far gone on to better things. Racing for Lotus Renault this year. But his future at renault may be short lived if Robert Kubica comes back.

Sakon Yamamoto - Racing for Super Aguri and Spyker his 7 races for HRT in 2010 didn't help him land a more permanent seat in F1.

Chistian Klien - The 2 races he drove for HTR in 2010 did him no favours for getting back into F1 after leaving RedBull back in 2006

Narain Karthikeyan - 8 races this year for HRT, former driver for Jordan and at 34 no real future in F1.

Daniel Ricciardo - He won the British Formula 3 championship in 2009 and was test driver for Torro rosso early this year before taking a drive for HRT from Silverstone onwards. Is this a good way to show off his talents ?

Vatantonio Liuzzi - In F1 since 2005 and now racing in the worst team he has ever raced for. Desperation to remain in F1 ?

So the question is, if you were a racing driver who has shown talent by winning in other open wheeled formula, would you take a seat at HRT in order to get your foot in the door of F1. OR would you wait for a better offer ?

I've gone for "snog" (as long as it not with Colin Kolles) as any F1 seat is better than none at all. Think HRT need a "technical tie up" such as Force India and Virgin have sorted with Mclaren. Problem is they'll probably end up with one with Williams and go even slower...

FB, I will assume you were being ironic

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/11/02/williams-to-supply-gearboxes-to-hrt-in-2011/

Personally, I would take the drive, in the hopes that they will improve, although even if they do not, it is still possible (if difficult) to impress in a slow car. Think Minardi.

So, not wanting to be tied down, I have signed for a one year contract with performance and get out clauses, and an investment commitment.

Pucker up Colin!!

Avoid - they way they have been haemorraging decent tech staff suggests no real plan to move forward (plus I no habla Espagnol).

...better to not be seen as too desperate to be on the grid, perhaps?

If you're good, you'll get noticed (Senna, Alonso, Webber etc. etc.)

I would also challenge the notion that they're the rear end of F1. It's very close between them and Virgin lately.

I would also challenge the notion that they're the rear end of F1. It's very close between them and Virgin lately.

It may seem close but I can prove other wise.
If you take 24th place and award 1 point 23rd 2 points 22nd 3 points etc. we get the following.

2011 Season.
HRT 119 points
Virgin 182 points

Which makes Virgin 53% better than HRT. Thank you and good night. :thankyou: ;)

Avoid, there's not much you can do is there? The team is chopping and changing drivers even if you perform due to money issues, it's too hard to get noticed, Liuzzi has beaten the Virgin Racing cars a fair few times and gets no recognisition, the only reason Ricciardo is getting recognition is because he's been beating Liuzzi, and to be fair to Liuzzi he hasn't had the luck in the past two races, so the results are a bit skewed.

It's a team where you are always wondering even if you perform well are you going to get kept on? They can make you look foolish...

It may seem close but I can prove other wise.
If you take 24th place and award 1 point 23rd 2 points 22nd 3 points etc. we get the following.

2011 Season.
HRT 119 points
Virgin 182 points

Which makes Virgin 53% better than HRT. Thank you and good night. :thankyou: ;)

Unfourtunatly F1's constructors championship doesn't work like that so it reads

11th HRT
12th Virgin Racing

......for the second year running I might add. ;)

HRT have actually made giant leaps forward this year if you look where they were when they started and they're just about to recieve a mass load of backing so I'd def go for a snog and see how it went. Especially considering the lack of seats at the moment. You can sit out as test driver hoping for a better spot to come all you like but you might find your career passing you by - just ask Anthony Davidson and Gary Parffet

Unfourtunatly F1's constructors championship doesn't work like that so it reads

11th HRT
12th Virgin Racing

......for the second year running I might add. ;)

HRT have had 1no. 13th position (next best result 16th) I assume that is why they are unfairly ranked higher than Virgin ? who have had much more consistent high placed finishes 2no. 14th and 3no. 15th.

Seems rather unfair to me. Im still for a points system awarded from 24th to first. That way unfair blips like this wouldn't occur.

points awarded from 1st to 24th? Oh dear! Being old school I still grumble about anyone past 6th getting points!

I agree its a strange system and maybe a results average should be taken but they are currently the rules and therefore Virgin are currently at the bottom of the pile.

You pays ya money ya takes ya choc ice

If anything I think Virgin have had a worse season this year than they did last! At least last year they mixed it with the Lotus/Caternhem sometimes - this year they've been adrift.

In my eyes Lotus/Caternham have been the only one of the 3 new teams that have made a step forward and even that hasn't been massive.

HRT are Minardi for this generation.
You race for them in the hope you'll get noticed by doing well in a bad car.
If HRT are so crap and we get rid of crap teams then that means Virgin will go in 2012 and Caterham in 2013 and Williams in 2014 and McLaren in 2023...
Teams go up and down; if HRT survive and improve they may end up beating Red Bull... after all Renault spent most of the 80's blowing up!:D

Probably the case Jos...
Its easy to forget that Minardi were bad more often than they were good but we tended to love them because they were the last of the true garagistas. That and they were an Italian team that wasn't Ferrari :D!
HRT suffer from trying to present themselves as something they are not and that is losing them 'love' from the fans (IMHO).

Back
Top Bottom