Poll Points For All

Do you think the entire field should be awarded points?

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
It should be a lottery and only 8 drivers get points. The lottery works as follows:

Step 1 - A drivers chance to qualify for step 2 is increased the higher up a driver finishes in the race. Drivers who don't make it beyond step 1, don't receive any points:
1st 90%, 2nd 87.5%, 3rd 85%, 4th 82.5%, 5th 80%, 6th 75%. 7th 72.5%, 8th 70%, 9th 67.5%, 10th 65%, 11th 60% .... 20th 35%.

Step 2 - In this part of the lottery, 8 drivers have qualified for a points rewarding position and again their chances of being awarded maximum points depends on their finishing position in the race. The three best-placed drivers, of the race, that qualified for step 2 have the highest chances:
90%, 85%, 80%, 70%, 65%, 60%, 55%, 50%

Last edited:
Rewarding the entire field points - lessens the fact that teams have made an effort to score points and race in F1

There have been times in the past where certain teams/drivers are at the back of the grid who are nothing more than mobile chicanes and certainly would be an embarrassment to F1 which is the pinnacle of motorsport

Examples include

Forti Corse who were very slow and yellow and at one point 9 seconds a lap slower

Andrea Moda - a team that should not have been in F1 in the first place

HRT - the name represents woman problems but that team was ill prepared for F1 seriously

I use Moto GP where at one point there were only 17 entries but points was down to 15th place so just turn up and you will score points which it should not be.

Someone suggested on the flipside that it won't stop drivers giving up and retiring the car - they can't do this now anyway

Greenlantern101 makes some great points & i can see how it could be good with more accuracy.

if i was going to change i would give couple of points for pole position. i would have points to 8 places currently & if we ever get to 26 cars then move it 10 cars. but its for me its still quantity over quality. as i said points should be achievement because you were deserved them not because you finished & its the nature of every sport you have winners & losers. i would rather keep it for them rare brilliant stories that would be lost under that system

Last edited:
Could we hand points out on a Wednesday? I've always thought Wednesdays are very dull days and could do with getting a lift.

Because cars can't battle wheel to wheel on track they've:

changed the tracks
got rid of tyre wars
introduced re-fuelling
got rid of re-fuelling
increased the points positions (multiple times)
introduced DRS
Changed qualification (mulitiple times)
Changed the engines
Changed the wing sizes (multiple times)

And nothing has worked.

Because cars can't battle wheel to wheel on track they've:

changed the tracks
got rid of tyre wars
introduced re-fuelling
got rid of re-fuelling
increased the points positions (multiple times)
introduced DRS
Changed qualification (mulitiple times)
Changed the engines
Changed the wing sizes (multiple times)

And nothing has worked.

And you think the Wednesday points idea would be useful in that direction? Maybe when they hand out the points, on a Wednesday, they could come with something else like maybe.... medals? :whistle::snigger:

I don't think the entire field should get points, just the ones who actually see the checkered flag. I think because of the very limited number of engines the teams can use, those out of the points just give up the fight and plod around, or pull an Alonso and just pull off with some mystery problem. It would be good for every moving car to be fighting for every position because it means something

So they tried changing everything and nothing has worked.

I'm coming to an unpleasant conclusion that F1 is ****ed beyond repair.

So let's take away all the rules and tell them to just build what they want (to hell with safety) and drive around in circles for a couple of hours in beautiful locations for 9 months of the year.

Whoever wins gets a point.
EveroEve else can go swivel.
Whoever wins the most races is champion.

I have proposed this before, get rid of the championships or award them at one race only. FOM could cycle this through the different races. Then all the remaining races are a free for all, no team orders, no concerns about "driving for championship points" they are just races. I know some twat will then start calculating a championship but it won't matter.

Yes F1 is now basically Mario Kart with the increased number of DRS zones..someone needs to have the balls and say it aint working and we will fix it

The tyres pirelli are providing are a joke... they have gone too far, how can you justify the car behind suffering serious graining when following to try to overtake

I don't want to see points for all, but would like to see some way of helping back marker teams from going bankrupt. If we still had Caterham and Manor that'd be 24 cars on the grid.

If I remember correctly Manor probably wouldn't have gone under had Sauber not picked up one point in the last race (or something like that) which ended up redirecting the money to Sauber instead of Manor. Sorry if I'm not remembering that exactly right. But the point is some way of getting a bit of cash to teams that are on the edge financially would help a lot more than giving points to all. (Yes, that Ferrari money could help here.)

I'm pretty sure you're right dinsdale and the worst part was I'm almost certain it was Nasr who scored the point for Sauber, he was then moving to Manor for the next season and he ended up scuppering his own drive and indeed the team. Oh the irony.

Manor were twice on the verge of getting into the midfield pack and twice were let down by the sports governing body who could have assisted their survival for the good of the sport. The monies owed were a pittance in F1 terms and a package to save them in order to keep the sport bolstered with competitive teams would have been ridiculously easy.

Another factor to remember when the top teams and FIA feed us lines about wanting a good 'show'.

Back
Top Bottom