1. If you can see this message then you are on the new server.

The site is now available via a secure URL: https://cliptheapex.com

Dismiss Notice

Pascal Wehrlein

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by RasputinLives, Feb 12, 2016.

1. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Yeah because all racing drivers who sign 3 year contracts always stick to them. No sorry it's a silly move.

2. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Well I think Pascal can probably see Toto's favourite is his nemesis Esteban Ocon. So if there was one Mercedes seat up for grabs it would go to Ocon then the other seat if Hamilton gave it up would either be Vettel, or Verstappen you'd think. Now Russell has probably jumped ahead of him in the queue as well

So Wehrlein really has managed to burn a lot of bridges because neither Force India or Williams want him even if it meant getting cheaper engines speaks volumes

3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

So the Wehrlein story takes an extra twist today when it's revealed his has signed to drive for Mahindra in Formula E. I am now totally confused what is going on with Pascal. Leaving the Merc stable because they wanted him to do Formula E and then signing for a Formula E team who have less budget than the Merc one will have .

I'm confused.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    F1Brits_90 likes this.
  4. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

I didn't particuarly like him but he did marginally out perform Ocon and Erricson. He should probably get another chance.

5. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

He should probably **** off. Nobody wants him in F1

6. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

This is really odd decision. The only thing I think that may explain it that be was he still in contention for toro rosso & since has been ruled out. Otherwise that man needs a new agent

7. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

I saw this as well, I suppose he thought he had a chance of landing a Toro Rosso seat if he left Mercedes but then he's gone to Mahindra racing so I expect him to be in FE for at least two seasons now

It looks like the gamble has not paid off

Greenlantern101 Unfortunately Pascal's ego seems to have upsetted both Force India and Williams to not want to take him whilst every team Ocon has driven for. The engineers always seems to warm to him

and any half decent driver should be able to beat Ericsson even Stroll unless he is really that rubbish

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice