Champion Elect
I've done a poll on this and the following are in the poll:

1. Webber on Alonso at Spa

2. Hamilton on Alonso at Nurgburgring

3. Alonso on Button at Interlagos

4. Rosberg on Schumacher at Abu Dhabi

5. Hamilton on Vettel at Shaghai

6. Button on Webber at Montreal.

I'm sure they'll be plenty more that i have forgotten that are brilliant but these lot stood out for me this year the most. But what was your overtake of the year if i haven't put it up?

Over to you lot :).

All of Buemi's overtakes would get a vote from me.

Rosberg on Schumacher was more of a duel, I can't remember the overtake, it was going to get my vote, but since I can't remember the final overtake I shall give to....

Vettel on Alonso around Curva Grande at Monza :p

Hmm...not too sure about this selection!

1. Webber on Alonso at Spa - was a great overtake. However, it did require Alonso to back out quite a lot; a little beyond the boundary of foolhardiness, some might say.

2. Hamilton on Alonso at Nurgburgring - was a good overtake, but Alonso was on cold tyres and didn't defend too hard.

3. Alonso on Button at Interlagos - was a very nice overtake, but Button clearly pulled out of it.

4. Rosberg on Schumacher at Abu Dhabi - I don't believe anyone has actually seen the complete overtaking manoeuvre; didn't look to be anything special.

5. Hamilton on Vettel at Shaghai - Vettel's tyres were gone, and the pass seemed inevitable. Nothing special, beyond the fact that it was for the lead.

6. Button on Webber at Montreal - didn't Webber almost crash off?

My personal stand-outs this year, in no particular order:

Vettel on Alonso at Monza
Vettel on Rosberg at Spa
Hamilton on Schumacher at Monaco
Barrichello on Schumacher at Monaco
Button on Massa at Silverstone

Enjoyed Vettel on Alonso at Monza, and Webber on Alonso at Spa, but I have to agree with Eddie Jordan and go with Hamilton on Alonso at the Nurburgring. He made Alonso look like a novice. (Not Eddie, Hamilton).

Clinton's found my vote, Hamilton on Schumacher at Monaco. Overtaking at Monaco at the chicane is a feat in itself but at the first corner is (pardon my French) bloody brilliant. Schumacher is a pain to get past on a track where overtaking is possible, Hamilton knew this and saved his KERS for an assult at the first corner lap after lap, he came from far back and stuck to his guns, great overtake.

Props to Schumacher for knowing he was beaten, it seems many of the overtakes in Hammy's list involve the defending car having to yield eventually, something I wish all drivers would learn.

Vettel on Alonso at Monza would be my second choice, very ballsy.

Well, Canada, China, Monaco, Britain, Germany, Hungary, Spain, Malaysia, Belgium and Japan weren't that bad.
But the rest was :censored:.

1. Webber on Alonso at Spa - was a great overtake. However, it did require Alonso to back out quite a lot; a little beyond the boundary of foolhardiness, some might say.

Stefan Bellof immediately came to my mind, right after the move was made.

Still... the overtake of the year for me!

Back
Top Bottom