On this day/old race discussions

F1Brits_90

World Champion
thought it would be good place to talk about major incidents in F1 down the years. without have to go back to the thread if there was 1 when it happened. when they occur

all sparked by this. 8 years ago to the day that Multi 21 happened & the most awkward podium for a long time. ive felt this since 2010 when we got to know him. that i liked Vettel out of the car i think he funny, he knows his history, isnt afraid to speak up on the issues that matter & is just a huge fan of sport lucky enough to get chance to race in F1

but i think Vettel in car reputation never recovered from that day & his explanation was week or 2 later in china as it was as far from an apology as you can get never recovered. as it painted him as a selfish ruthless racer who believed he was above the law. no respect for boss or any of the hundreds of staff that work for them

all sparked by this. 8 years ago to the day that Multi 21 happened & the most awkward podium for a long time. ive felt this since 2010 when we got to know him. that i liked Vettel out of the car i think he funny, he knows his history, isnt afraid to speak up on the issues that matter & is just a huge fan of sport lucky enough to get chance to race in F1

but i think Vettel in car reputation never recovered from that day & his explanation was week or 2 later in china as it was as far from an apology as you can get never recovered. as it painted him as a selfish ruthless racer who believed he was above the law. no respect for boss or any of the hundreds of staff that work for them

I am wondering if this will happen to Verstappen seeing Red Bull do seem to burn their drivers early and should he ever leave to Ferrari only he might find that he can't be throwing wobblers at the team like Sunday and expect to be tolerated

I am wondering if this will happen to Verstappen seeing Red Bull do seem to burn their drivers early and should he ever leave to Ferrari only he might find that he can't be throwing wobblers at the team like Sunday and expect to be tolerated
yeah they dont help their drivers, by indulging their behaviour vettel & verstappen, as its like parenting without boundaries. they do need a ross brawn type character or a toto wolff

You mean the chosen one, until the next chosen one arrives, then in the next team they find they are not the chosen one and fall down the ranks to lesser teams where they have to fight for their crust.

25th March.

On this day in F1...

It was the first day of practice for the 1994 Brazilian Grand Prix, and the debut of many new drivers and teams. It was expected that Ayrton Senna and Williams would dominate the season.

However, during Q1, whilst Senna was customarily fastest, he was only 0.2 seconds ahead of young upstart Michael Schumacher, but a huge 2 seconds ahead of teammate Damon Hill (who had been expected to be competitive, having regularly challenged Prost for pace in 1993)...

Everyone thought this must just be a blip, and that the real Senna/Williams combo would emerge either in Q2, or the race...

You mean the chosen one, until the next chosen one arrives, then in the next team they find they are not the chosen one and fall down the ranks to lesser teams where they have to fight for their crust.
well yes Vettel & Riccardio can admit both were golden child only to be quickly got shut off

It was the first day of practice for the 1994 Brazilian Grand Prix, and the debut of many new drivers and teams. It was expected that Ayrton Senna and Williams would dominate the season.
there's alot of evidence to say that Senna & Williams should have dominated that season if Benetton had built a Legal car & not 1 with allegations of traction control

Yes like the Sith Apprentices where Marko is Emperor Palpatine

On this day in 1980 Clay Regazzoni's F1 career ended when his car ran in to a concrete block in a run off area at the Long Beach Grand Prix. He would probably have died if the car had not been slowed by first running in to Hector Rebaque's abandoned Brabham. Instead, he ended up a paraplegic, but still continued to race cars with hand controls. This article is about his adapted Ferrari F40 - A Perfect Dance: Clay Regazzoni's Ferrari F40

1648672302515.png

1648672168939.png

This race also marked the only time Jody Scheckter scored points in the whole season for finishing 5th. This was remarkable because Scheckter was the reigning World Champion.

It also saw the final podium finish for 2 time World Champion Emerson Fittipaldi in the Fittipaldi F7. He would retire at the end of the season

ive heard about that, as during practise that topic came up the worst car produce by reigning champions, in this car constructors. & they talked alot about the 1980 ferrari. saying that was by & far away the worst.

how/ why was it so bad. surely 1980 would be a evolution of 1979. & even then if it was so bad just race the 1979 car like lotus did earlier in the decade

Back
Top Bottom