OK Bernie, open mouth and insert your foot

He definitely has a unique outlook on life

You would hope that CVC have already started looking around for someone to replace him.

OK, two options, Mr. Hobgoblin:

"Ayrton Senna's death was good for F1 because...

• of the resulting safety campaigns and resultant advances in technology which have made motorsport deaths far more infrequent
  • it generated publicity

a is a fair point, b is a load of crap!

"He was unfortunate," Ecclestone told the local Folha de S.
Paulo newspaper, "but the publicity generated by his death was so much... it was good for F1.

"It was a shame that we had to lose Ayrton, but it happened. He was very popular, but the actual event interested so many people who did not know about the sport," he added.

If the quote is accurate then I don't see much mention of safety improvements...

Bernie went on to say "And it's a good job those two planes hit the twin towers because a lot of people had no idea where New York was before that"

Brogan said:
"He was unfortunate," Ecclestone told the local Folha de S.
Paulo newspaper, "but the publicity generated by his death was so much... it was good for F1.

"It was a shame that we had to lose Ayrton, but it happened. He was very popular, but the actual event interested so many people who did not know about the sport," he added.

If the quote is accurate then I don't see much mention of safety improvements...

Yes, thats the point, I was giving two options he could take! He, obviously, as usual, took the wrong one...

The Jews have made the Holocaust into a PR boom, as well... its a good job for them that Hitler could "get things done..."*

*These are a parody of the opinions of a bigoted old sod and have little to do with teabagyokel or his friends, family and acquaintences.

Back
Top Bottom