Oh say can you see...

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
So it is goodbye USF1! How we will miss you! :dunno:

What do we think is the upshot of this. Should the USF1 place head Serbways? What will happen to J.M. Lopez, and will the money the government was paying USF1 be enough to buy a battleship to blockade the Malvinas Falklands?

Should USF1 retain their 2011 place, as they'll have more time to throw together a car for 2011. Should Lopez stick it out if they do?

Oh say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

I cannot say that their demise surprised me, with the FIA having changed the budgetary rules in the middle of the game and with the Poison Dwarf sniping at them from the outset, making sponsors reluctant to cough up the needed money.

As for including the Serbs, I remain unconvinced. They have designed nothing, merely written cheques for Toyota team left-overs. (Are they subject to recalls?) Before putting them on the grid, I would have to see a business plan that shows them going forward with new designs, as I have the sneaking suspicion that they intend to sell out.

There is nothing magical about the number 26. Far better to see 20 competitive cars, than 26 cars with one third of them being lapped 3 or more times each race, and acting as mobile chicanes.

Back
Top Bottom