Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

RasputinLives I don't know. Someone exciting. Someone who will race Hamilton. I like Hamilton, but I don't want the 2017 championship gifted to a driver, because there is no competition. Before you say it, I don't think Bottas is that "someone exciting"

Well personally I Don't think the Merc is going to have the dominance it has done (Don't think it'll even be the best car) so I Don't think that will be an issue. Hope so anyways.

I'm keeping quiet on the subject because I was quite vocal about Rosberg not being good enough to challenge Lewis. Got that one wrong.

A certain Adrian Newey is leading the Red Bull design of the chassis and surely Renault will have picked up their development on the engine side

There is no restrictive tokens development so all the engine suppliers are free to develop as they like. Mercedes surely can't get it wrong like Mclaren did in 2009 you'd think
But there is a general belief that Red Bull with the chassis will get closer

An interesting team to watch is Williams who gave up 2016 and began development 2017 usually are on the pace and fade away as the season progresses

If Rosberg was 'lucky' (driving a blisteringly quick car at top speeds for nearly 1.5hrs which requires no skill) perhaps it's just karma for all the luck Lewis has had, being groomed by McLaren, getting a top drive with the top team on entry, Glock putting the wrong tyres on, riding the luck of Brawn and Button to get this seat etc etc

Last edited:
It seems that Rosberg already is not interesting for the F1-public.
But he will be representing the Formula 1 as a world champion almost the year

I just don't want to see one dominant team and one dominant driver. I really hope that a couple of teams are up there with them.

If Rosberg was 'lucky' (driving a blisteringly quick car at top speeds for nearly 1.5hrs which requires no skill) perhaps it's just karma for all the luck Lewis has had, being groomed by McLaren, getting a top drive with the top team on entry, Glock putting the wrong tyres on, riding the luck of Brawn and Button to get this seat etc etc

I'm not sure what you mean when you say Rosberg had no skill? Luck and skill aren't mutually exclusive.
Lewis getting his drive with McLaren wasn't luck, the decision to run him was based on prior performances and was was vindicated by his performance in his first year.
And Glock being on the wrong tyres. Had he stopped to, put the correct tyres on, he'd never have been in front of Hamilton in the first place. :snigger:

Back
Top Bottom