Caption Competition New Look

I'm not sure but I think this is the first caption competition thread I have come across that turned into a full fledged discussion. That is almost as bizarre as Hamilton's 1960's classic mixed race schoolboy haircut and spec's.

What is truly frightening is that that hair is what mine looked like after a visit to the local barber who had no idea how to cut my curly hair. To add insult to injury, my National Health Service spectacles looked just like the ones LH is sporting there. It was not a good look and attracted more mirth from the white boys than I care to remember.

I had to pummell Steven Kingsford (a lad twice my size) into the cricket pitch to finally deter my school chums from taking the piss. My other tactic was to arrive at school and make for the boys room, soak my hair and comb it straight and down, replicating a Beatles moptop. That infuriated my classroom teacher who had a penchant for whacking my knockles with a yardstick.

So, what then about the caption?

"Lewis Hamilton lands lead role in the new biographical horror film '1963: The Torture of a Mixed Race Schoolkid in Parochial New Town Britain' or 'How My Mum and Her Mate the Barber Made Me Beat Up a Huge Bully Boy Just Cos I Had a Dodgy Haircut and Free NHS Spec's ... Or Was It Cos I Is Black?' "

Last edited:
To clarify part of the story, where you talk about the "white boys taking the piss", I take it, in the words of the song, you are "young, gifted and black"? (I mean absolutely no offence by that). It would just help to clarify the follow up image in my mind.

:D

It was the ginger kids I took the piss out of...

Just kidding..

Well there was this one ginger kid who was a bit of a ponce I saw him refuse to go through a muddy puddle on a cross country run because his mum had bought him new sports socks knee length they were an' all.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom