Nelsinho Piquet to return to Formula One next year?

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Despite his now infamous deliberate crash at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, there are those who think that it's not impossible for Nelsinho Piquet to return to Formula One as early as next year.

With sponsorship from his father, there is some suggestion that he may be able to secure a drive with one of the new teams.

Quite clearly without the protection of the immunity offered to him by the FIA, he would not be in a position to even consider a seat so was the FIA correct to offer it?

His results notwithstanding, would you employ him?

Personally speaking, if I was after a new driver I'd be looking at GP2 or elsewhere.
Piquet has had his chance and failed dismally to deliver, even taking into account the breakdown in relationship between himself and Briatore.

Father smooths Nelson Piquet Jr's return

If he comes to the table with a substantial portion of the operating budget I don't see how he would be left out. Someone with experience in this rule set even with mediocre results is going to be attractive to someone.

I'd love for someone else to give Piquet a chance, just to see if he was hobbled from the start.

As for Luca BADoer, I thinkto have a chance, you at least need to have fought in the mid to back end of the pack, not been a GP distance behind the pack.

If Piquet is allowed in F1, I will not waste another second of my time on this rubbish business known as F1. He should have been banned for life. Granting him immunity is a farce

If that is the case King_Alonso786, do you not agree that your namesake should have been banned from F1 for his antics at McLaren as he was clearly cheating, but got immunity in the same way Piquet did?

Manor may be interested apparently.

"I've not spoken to him at the moment, but he's a smashing little driver," Manor team boss John Booth said.

"I've no personal problems with him, but it is unclear what his current position is with regards sponsorship."
So basically he expects Piquet to buy a seat.
Is F1 going to ge back to poorly-skilled paid drivers with all the new teams?

And I'm sorry but "a smashing little driver"?
Is that Booth making a joke about Singapore last year? ROFL

Nelson Piquet jnr could be handed F1 lifeline by Sheffield-based Manor GP

I agree, he is a smashing driver. He smashed a car at just about every race in his 18 months in F1, and the brake boards at China this year!

I wouldn't employ him, he's a grass and basically doesn't have the driving ability to allow us to ignore his flaws as does Fernando Alonso!

RickD said:
If that is the case King_Alonso786, do you not agree that your namesake should have been banned from F1 for his antics at McLaren as he was clearly cheating, but got immunity in the same way Piquet did?

Alonso was found NOT GUILTY. Piquet was and he got away with it. :givemestrength:

King_Alonso786 said:
RickD said:

Alonso was found NOT GUILTY. Piquet was and he got away with it. :givemestrength:
No, they were both offered immunity and therefore no guilt was ever looked for. Alonso was as guilty of his crime as Piquet was, the emails proved that 100x over..

I think you might want to go check the FACTS, not the ones you seem to have made up.

King_Alonso786 said:
Without wanting to open up this can of worms, Alonso admitted to having Ferrari data.
He was given immunity by the FIA in exchange for his testimony.

Just like the Piquet case.

RickD said:
King_Alonso786 said:
RickD said:

No, they were both offered immunity and therefore no guilt was ever looked for. Alonso was as guilty of his crime as Piquet was, the emails proved that 100x over..

I think you might want to go check the FACTS, not the ones you seem to have made up.

Calm down dear, No need to throw a tantrum. Take some pills to cure your hate for Alonso wont ya :givemestrength:

If they had banned Alonso, Renault probably wouldn't have won the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix. The FIA have to really think about these things, they've only themselves to blame.

;)

Calm down, fellas, I'm not serious!

King_Alonso786 said:
Calm down dear, No need to throw a tantrum. Take some pills to cure your hate for Alonso wont ya :givemestrength:
I'm calm, I just like to make sure people post facts, no spurious bullshit.

As I said, please check the FACTS, not your fictitious ramblings.

:)

RickD said:
King_Alonso786 said:
I'm calm, I just like to make sure people post facts, no spurious bullshit.

As I said, please check the FACTS, not your fictitious ramblings.

:)

Excellent. Keep up the bullshite :goodday:

Back
Top Bottom