Name that car...

Back of the net !!!

Thought that would be a bit tricky but nope. Spot on FB.

It was Toyotas test hack that they dragged around the world in 2001 before embarking on the full works entry in 2002.

Back to you then mate.

This might be easy (if you know it) but it might not...

Attachments

• star-car-1.jpg
    star-car-1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 151
It is indeed the GH2 Embassy Hill (the GH1 being a Lola T370) so no traps. Over to you Muddy & apologies for not posting a reply sooner, been on me travels 'int I.

Is it Jaques Laffite in the Iso-Marlboro Williams (followed by Carlos Pace in a Brabham)

Okay, I got fed up as I knew it was a Williams but not which one so I had a look on the interweb - I believe it to be an FW04.

:D

At last an easy one for me !!!

That's a 1980 Skol Fittipaldi driven by the great Emo himself. Think he got his last ever podium finish in that car. His team mate that year was Keke Rosberg.

I've often wondered how Emerson would have faired had he not shown huge loyalty to the family team. Then again, if he hadn't then James Hunt would never have been a world champion. Ahhhh the "what if's of F1"

EDIT - And looking at the crowd standing on sand in the background it has to be Zandvoort

Well done CaT, it's the Fittipaldi F8 driven by Emo himself; indeed one of F1's great "what if's".

I have a feeling that this one could prove to be a bit too tricky but have a go anyway.

What car is this?

Attachments

• Trickyone.jpg
    Trickyone.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 99
Hmmm! V12 engine - Alfa? Judging by the supension and nose mounted radiator it's mid to late 70's vintage. The under wing arrangement is reminiscent of the lotus 80/Arrows A2 but I think it's earlier than both of those. And the driver has Italian colours on his crash helmet...

Other than that, not a scobby!

Back
Top Bottom