Motorsports Calendar, 22-25 April 2010

Matthew Little

Points Scorer
With Formula 1 apparently having to take the proverbial slow boat back to Europe, here's a listing of some of the major motorsports events on the calendar this weekend.............

~~~World Superbike: TT Circuit Assen, Assen, Netherlands(2.83-mile road course)
~~~Grand-Am Rolex Series: Bosch Engineering 250, Virginia International Raceway, Danville, Va.(3.27-mile natural terrain road course)
~~~NASCAR Sprint Cup: Aaron's 499, Talledega Superspeedway(2.66-mile high-banked oval)
~~~British Touring Car Championship: Rockingham Motor Speedway, Round 2/Races 4-6(1.94-mile stadium road course)
~~~German Touring Car(DTM): Hockenheim-ring, Round 1 of 10(2.842-mile road course)

If there's any events I've missed or any corrections to be made, feel free to post them. As always, please check your local listings for the time/date of a specific event............. :o :o

Now I just gotta' remember the directions to VIR for the Grand-Am weekend............ :D 8-) :goodday:

Yes, not a bad weekend for motorsport.

Are you actually going to the Grand-Am event Matthew?
It's only a couple of hours drive from you isn't it?

For UK viewers, the Superbikes from Assen (and, presumably, support races) are on Eurosport 2 from 09:30-15:35 on Sunday.

DTM from Hockenheim is live on ESPN 12:45-14:45

And ITV4 will have the usual all-afternoon coverage of the BTCC and supports from Rockingham (minus Fabrizio Giovanardi! :disappointed: )

Brogan said:
Presumably he didn't get sponsorship for more races then G?

Not exactly - bizarrely, he lost his drive for being too successful.

This American company, Uniq, were paying for him. After Thruxton they were inundated with queries from potential customers in the UK and apparently aren't able to cope with that demand at this stage, so they've postponed the rest of their sponsorship until later in the season!

James Nash will take Gio's seat in what will, presumably, be an unbranded Vectra. >:(

A crazy situation.

I've also just noticed that DTM is only on ESPN this year so it looks like I won't be watching that series :(

Back
Top Bottom