Motorsports Calendar, 16-18 July 2010

Matthew Little

Points Scorer
With both Formula 1 and NASCAR taking the week off, here is the calendar for this coming weekend..................

~~IndyCar Series: Honda Indy Toronto, Exhibition Place--Toronto, Ontario(1.755-mile street circuit)
~~Grand Am Rolex Series: Verizon 250, New Jersey Motorsports Park--Millville, N.J.(2.25-mile road course)
~~MotoGP: Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, Saschenring--Saxony, Germany(2.299-mile natural terrain road course)
~~AMA Pro Racing[Round 6, Races 11-12, American Superbike/Races 10-11, Daytona Sportbike]: Honda SuperCycle Weekend, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course--Lexington, Ohio(2.4-mile road course)
~~Trans Am Series: Round 7--Exhibition Place, Toronto, Ontario
~~World Touring Car Championship: Round 6[races 11-12], Brands Hatch GP Circuit--Kent, England(2.613-mile road course)
~~NHRA Drag Racing: 23rd Sonoma Nationals, Infineon Raceway--Sonoma, Ca.
~~LeMans Series: 1000kms of Algarve, Autodromo Internacional de Algarve--Algarve, Portugal(2.905-mile road course)

There are a couple of support races on tap this weekend as well..................
~~Firestone Indy Lights: Exhibition Place
~~Formula 2 Series: Brands Hatch
~~British Formula 3 Series: Rockingham

We even have a vintage event on this week's calendar, courtesy of Autoextremist.com
~~Kohler International Challenge with Brian Redman
July 15-18, Road America--Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Quoting Autoextremist.............
A mid-summer favorite, the event has grown to be the second-largest vintage racing gathering in the United States, featuring over 50 classes of cars racing in 10 groups. The four-day weekend will showcase a delicious array of Can-Am racing machines, a Mark Donohue Reunion and a celebration of the Ford Mustang in competition. An extraordinary collection of Mark Donohue's winning cars from Indy, Can-Am, Formula One, IROC and Trans-Am will be on display and special guests over the weekend will include many of Donohue’s teammates from Penske Racing. As presenting sponsor, Ford will recognize its iconic Mustang with a feature race, special parade laps and exclusive Mustang Alley parking. On Saturday, drivers of Mustangs will be admitted to the event free of charge. The two-night Concours d’Elegance is again sponsored by Road & Track magazine and features over 100 cars each night.

As always, check your local listings for exact times/dates and feel free to add any events that may have been left off of the calendar............. 8-) :goodday:

For the past couple of years, anyone with a shred of common sense has known that Milka Duno can't drive an Indycar to save her life...........finally, someone other than her competitors said something about her abhorrent driving.

Wilson Takes Pole Position at Indy
IndyCar Series CEO Randy Bernard said the following...................
"I'm going to get myself in trouble on this one, but I'm going to tell you, It's very, very important for the credibility of the Izod IndyCar Series that fans know they're [the drivers] the best in the world. And if someone can't maintain and compete with that, I really think that's what we have a ladder system for.

"I'm behind our chief steward, Brian Barnhart. He has to make the assessment who is allowed on and who isn't. I'm sure at the end of this year, Brian and I will sit down and determine what's in the best interest of the sport."

He ain't the only one who's pretty much had it w/Duno's lack of on-track talent. Last year at Mid-Ohio during practice she blocked Danica Patrick several times, which resulted in the following confrontation after practice.........

2 weeks ago at the Glen, she did the same thing to Ryan Hunter-Reay during qualifying, which resulted in RHR confronting her following qualifying................

Indeed, he wasn't finished with his critique and added the following quote,
If she's going to drive in this series, she's going to have to drive with her mirrors. There are 15 turns (at the Glen) and she's the 16th.

All this begs the question................why do they allow her to compete?
Easy...........in the economic morass we're currently in, would you turn away $10 million of Hugo Chavez'sCITGO's money(money which pays for both her ride with Dale Coyne Racing and for teammate Alex Lloyd's ride with Dale Coyne Racing? :o :o :o :censored: :o

Back
Top Bottom