Midseason driver rankings 2015

So the driver in front can do what he likes and does not have to give any consideration to the driver behind?

I can see you've compared a lot of evidence on this one but I know how I viewed it and, more to the point, how the stewards saw it. I think thats my exhbit A.

The Rosberg-Ricciardo has been discussed on another thread. As far as I'm concerned Ricciardo had a right to have a go but Rosberg should not have been in that position being attacked and should have shown more awareness when Ricciardo rejoined to avoid the puncture.

Going back to the driver rankings the Mercedes is the fastest car this season. Rosberg has had more average races than Hamilton in the same car and at times not even a match for Vettel

So the driver in front can do what he likes and does not have to give any consideration to the driver behind?
On corner exit yes, that's exactly how it is. Well, there is a grey area over how much a driver can alter his line mid-corner, but that isn't relevant to this incident as Rosberg didn't deviate from a normal racing line.
I will note that although I view Rosberg as innocent, I maintain that he did not need to be so aggressive in that situation. With the championship situation as it is, he needed to capitalise on Hamilton's dreadful race and score plenty of points. What he absolutely did not need was contact with another car. Taking the racing line as he did puts him in a situation where contact can happen, and he is relying on another driver to avoid that contact. He probably should have left some room, even though he didn't have to.

The Stewards are legendarily inconsistent in their application of rules, especially unwritten ones like this. I don't consider their judgement to be reliable.

The best overview of what is and isn't okay is, in my opinion this. But we are getting slightly off-topic.

We also need to look at the qualifying head to head between drivers and Rosberg has the worst record against Hamilton which is a huge turnaround from last year

The other is the average gap difference between teammates - anything within 0.3 seconds per lap of your teammate is acceptable but over that it suggests that one driver has superior 1 lap pace

The biggest gap is Hulkenberg to Perez so the big teams take note

Vettel to Kimi is similar and probably ought to be more given Vettel had an engine issue in Canada

Bottas vs Massa actually should be less given poor Felipe has had the worst of the luck in quali

What we can say is the stats does Kimi no favours at all and highlights seriously whether he is worth his place in the Ferrari team. Spa is Kimi's favourite track so don't be surprised if he is suddenly closer to Vettel

Biggest gap on percentages in Nasr and Ericcson which I actually think is probably a true reflection on performances

Midseason driver rankings:
1. Hamilton
2. Rosberg
3. Vettel
4. Bottas
5. Raikkonen
6. Massa
7. Ricciardo
8. Kvyat
9. Hulkenberg
10. Grosjean
11. Verstappen