Formula E Long Beach ePrix Race Discussion

I'm actually hoping Scott Speed (what a name!) does score another podium, I do like him, and I think the critical thing for him that got him into a good position was power management - that means he'd probably be good for development of the car, going forward.

I think his bang on the money pitstop helped too but certainly he appeared far more suitable to power management than JEV has been.

The king of power management though is Piquet who has really surprised me I have to say. I guess before his disastrous stint in F1 he was dicing with Hamilton in GP2 though so maybe I shouldn't be suprised.

Yeah, Piquet has been something else when it comes to power management, hasn't he? How he always ends up with a couple more percent than everyone else is a question I'm sure many in the Formula E circus are asking.

Unchanged driver line up from the last race for the first time in FE.

Piquet is topping the fan boost at mo with JEV and Birdy just behind. Bruno Senna who has got it everytime so far is a distant 7th. Is that a sign his fan club are finally getting tired of him not producing results? Took em long enough.

Talking about sports not charging for Friday practice I've been to Silverstone on many an occasion to watch World Super Bikes and they don't charge for Friday practice so it is not unheard of...

Didn't know Piquet was that popular. Always seemed like a bit of a controversial figure to me, besides the obvious reasons. Not very likable in his Nascar days, also got fined by NASCAR for using a homophobic slur. Probably just all the Brazilians ditching Senna for Piquet though.

Piquet is not a nice man from what I hear. Neither was his father. I expected him to be thd panto villian of Formula E but he appears to be showing a great deal of skill.

I don't know where his vote has come from this time out. He's been nowhere before this.

Maybe he did a deal with Flav ;)

What really intrigues me, and I will find out tomorrow, is the idea of having practice, qualifying and the race all on the same day. It should prove interesting!

Unfortunately we won't be seeing today's event for the saddest of reasons. My brother-in-law, whom I have known since I was 9 years old, passed away yesterday, so, needless to say, we are flying home this morning to be with my sister.

RIP George.

Maybe RasputinLives but it depends on a number of factors including if my son gets to sleep and stays there. This could actually be the first FE race I've got around to watching since the opening weekend.

I'm actually hoping Scott Speed (what a name!) does score another podium, I do like him, and I think the critical thing for him that got him into a good position was power management - that means he'd probably be good for development of the car, going forward.

After his comments at the Canadian GP can't help to think of him as an arrogant bastard. Great drive though last time around.

Hoping for a JEV win this time around. Sorry Slyboogy. :)

Also my condolences siffert_fan

That was FP2. He still got in the top ten in quali. Danny Abt looking strong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom