Formula E London E-Prix Discussion

Mixed grid for the start thanks to rain in qually. Nelson champ leader in 16th. Buemi now favorite for taking the title I think.

screenshot.42.jpg

Well done Nelson. Deserved it after that drive. Buemi didn't seem interested in making any progress and has thrown it away in my opinion.

Great race from Sam to take the win.

Oh Buemi, you broke my heart - with as good as you were on Saturday, that championship should have been yours. P.S. Senna, I liked your uncle, I'm not so keen on you right now, you spoiled my dream result - a charge from behind to win the championship.

Great pair of races to end the season and the championship. Well done to Nelson Piquet (git). Strange circuit, could have done with being a bit wider to give the drivers a chance to overtake.

Last edited:
i like f1 but i think we'll probably all agree that 2nd half of the race was far better than any race we've seen in f1 this season, real edge of the seat stuff i didnt know who would win the win or the championship until the final race of the final lap. although ill admit im surprised sam bird kept the victory because im sure i saw on the leaderboard the pit time said 1:19 & according to commentators min pit time was 1:20

but id be worried if i was f1 as these do seem a rival as id say arguably the grid has better strength in depth its much cheaper

Great finish to a terrific inaugural season!

The scheduling wasn't ideal for us, as it conflicted with the Goodwood FOS, and we always attend the latter. Thus we didn't get to see the race in person.

Then it struck me: why not run the race on the Goodwood circuit in conjunction with the FOS? Now THAT would really be something to see!:)

Di Grassi also had a 1.19.6 pit time F1Brits_90 .

Great pair of races, to bad the track didn't lend to much overtaking possibilities. The crash of Yamamoto into Trulli was a bit predictable. Was thinking when it was Yamamoto's turn to pass Trulli "He's probably gonna crash" and than wham!!! He crashed.

Goodwood may be possible later in the series, when the cars have more battery capability? A lot is expected to change in the next ten years, and battery life is the big thing they're all pushing on. They're hoping that by 2019/20 they'll have enough battery power to do the whole race distance in one car, not two. As they push towards that, perhaps we'll see the kw/h raised in order to push faster battery development?

Di Grassi also had a 1.19.6 pit time F1Brits_90 .

Ah thanks I thought it was only bird was the leaderboard faulty & showed the wrong time or did they miss/ignore it

But yes circuit was tight & tough on overtaking but that made championships battle so brilliant because it kept going for so long & made vergnes passes all the more better in race 1 also surely its not the overtaking thats exciting its the close racing & chance of action

The pit timer is a bit misleading F1Brits_90 because the time limit is from pit entry until pit exit and I think the stopwatch was a bit off.

So finally caught up with both races and wow! great stuff. Really enjoyed the whole thing this season and can't wait for year 2 with the added constructor elements coming in to play.

As for the 'less professional' tracks - I agree they look a bit shoddy but actually they've created brilliant conditions to see who can really handle these cars. Watching the drivers hanging on to the cars over the bumps and seeing who could make the most time up on certain areas of the track in London was brilliant. It wasn't the only place we saw it - who can forget what great racing a light sprinkling of sand on the track made in Uruguay?

It all starts again in October in Bejing but I for one will be going down to the open testing day at Donnington they hold in Aug.

I think they've got it pretty right with the tracks, setting up cheap-ish small temporary circuits in cities brings the racing to the people as opposed to expensive circuits in the middle of nowhere.
I quite like the attitude that this was a bit of a novelty series. It makes the thing a lot more light-hearted and fun. Looks like the seriousness is going to get ramped up though!
The car-changing is a little problematic I think. It's a little too random aiming for the perfect pit time. It was worse early on in the season where any gains of the first period seemed to get completely lost in the pit stops. It's got a lot better over the season.

Well the battery isn't gonna be changed for next season. Although there are plans to equip the cars with the wireless charging system, I doubt they will can do an entire race without changing their car.

Looking back at the tracks, the only one that fell somewhat out of the boat was Berlin. That was the only track that wasn't held on city roads, but on a airfield.

Bill Boddy whats the difference between coming into the pits for a mandatory car change and coming into pits for a mandatory tyre change?

They both add a tactical element to the racing which is artificial. As does fitting the cars with smaller fuel tanks so they have to refuel for that matter - and changing drivers in Endurance racing. All things which have been part of motor racing since year jot.

The main issue everyone seems to have with the car change is 'its rubbish that the battery life can't do the whole distance'. Well the whole idea of the sport is to push the technology to see if they can get there so lets live with the car changes and see what happens. It less artificial that delib designing tyres that won't last a race distance (Formula E has all endurace all weather tyres by the way).

I agree the mandatory pit stop time is some what annoying but safety is safety.

Quite apart from everything else, (and I know it didn't come to that in the end) I wonder how it would have felt for Alain Prost having to tell his own son before the races "Sorry lad, but you're working for your team-mate this week-end"? as Nelsinho's boss did (to good effect as it turned out) to his team-mate?

Back
Top Bottom