Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

He's my favourite (not BEST) driver- so it is a little frustrating to watch him lose to Red Bull (Who in general just naff me off), and also his recent problems on-track

As good as Hamilton is, he obviously has flaws, just as any driver has.

However, his career is going to be a case of wrong team at the wrong time.
I think he will be lucky to get another WDC as McLaren have shown that of late they're better at losing championships than winning them.
Ferrari obviously isn't an option and Red Bull seem to have closed the door.

So despite an explosive start in 2007, very nearly becoming the first rookie to win the WDC, if not for a very, very strange tyre call at China, he will in fact be remembered as the driver who never quite fulfilled his potential.

Partly due to his team and team mates, but also due to the errors which are cropping up with increasing frequency in his driving.

Norbert Haug might offer Hamilton a lot of money (Schumacher is being paid double) to tempt him over. They won a title together in 2008.

This idea that Hamilton won't go to RBR because "he'd end up as Vettel's Number 2" is totally laughable. Webber and Vettel entered 2009, 2010 and 2011 co-equal with co-equal equipment and as good a chance to beat the other...and RBR wouldn't pay him (Lewis) the type of money they'd need to pay him to bring him over to be subjugated to anyone. Webber's become a Number 2 because he hasn't been as consistently fast as Vettel. The same with Massa and Alonso at Ferrari.

Hamilton would be a different kettel of fish to Massa and Webber. I'm 100 Percent certain of that!

RBR might even hire Hamilton as a back up in case they lost Vettel in a Mega Money deal to Mercedes or Ferrari.

We don't know the future.

One thing we do know is that McLaren may have an ultra clean Techology Centre at Woking...but their qualifying prep, their pitstops and their race/tyre stop strategy and efforts don't match the image of their MTC. It's sub-par, frankly. It's cost both Hamilton and Button a hatfull of points.

No team is perfect...but they really need to shape up!

Lewis had a blinder yesterday and looked well set for a top 3 finish easily,....right up until the rather disconcerting team radio "err Lewis,....thinks we don't have enough gas in your tank,....sorry" Maybe now I am inclined to believe that McLaren is not getting the best out of Lewis Hamilton, Rather Lewis is extracting the most out of McLaren, sadly not enough to beat a rampant RB.

article-2018233-0D24939000000578-708_634x405.jpg

Sweet Victory.

If Hamiton can avoid the dreaded "Red Mist" there is absolutely no reason in my opinion why he can't continue to win races.
Now it's been proved more than once Seb can be intimidated and loses concentration under pressure all Lewis (and Fernando for that matter) has to do is keep tightening the screws!

Things are looking good for the second half of what promises to be a very interesting season...

If he gets a car as competitive as that for qualifying, I think he will be able to start front row regularly. This will avoid the risks that come with mid pack. He should be able to replicate Sebs lights to flag style, ofcourse we would be deprived of seeing him mixing it and overtaking as much but I feel that I could live with that.
If Lewis and his team take the rest of the season race by race it could be a cracker

Mclaren are usually strong improving cars in the 2nd half of seasons, so I expect Lewis to be fighting for this years WDC provided he gets a consistency competitive car to work with.

Absolutely love his determination to get everything out of the car he's given.

Lewis is a man on a mission. If he wins this weekend the only thing stopping him for the rest of the season will be the points deficit.

Fighting talk from Anthony Hamilton

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jul/28/lewis-hamilton-father-anthony

"Lewis's win on Sunday was a fantastic performance," said his father, his eyes burning with enthusiasm. "I think the win proved that whatever anyone says or writes about Lewis Hamilton he is a consummate professional as a race driver.

"Nothing and nobody will ever change the way he drives and approaches his racing. And I thank God for that. Because Sunday, for me, showed that Lewis is probably the greatest driver in the world. And I dare anybody to argue with me against it. He didn't get pole. He didn't lead the race from start to finish. And he didn't win it in the pits."

"On Sunday, Lewis lost the lead and overtook for the lead and won the race on merit. And that's a rarity nowadays. If you look at his overtaking of Fernando Alonso on the outside it qualified Lewis's performance as one of his greatest ever. Alonso is a great driver. He's as good as Lewis."

Lewis is a man on a mission.

And Alonso and Vettel aren't?

Right now it seems like Ferrari and McLaren and Red Bull have very little to choose between them, frankly. Good luck to Lewis though because you can't be "perfect" every weekend and the situation is so tight that any bit of "luck" helps.

The Ferrari might be the car to have at Hungaroring...and, unfortunately for him, Lewis isn't in one. So, good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom