Lewis Hamilton - No more Mr Nice Guy?

Upon reflection I am happy with Lewis' reaction yesterday, yes he was a little frustrated, yes the weekend could have been much better, but considering that the weekend was lost in q3 he still managed to come 6th despite 2 penalties and a botched pit stop.

Most of all though, I am happy to see more of the selfish, me first, I am the best, type of arrogance required for multiple WCs in this ultimate alpha male of occupations

Lesser drivers are useless? Go on son!
I am the only one able to beat Vettel? Louder!
I offer racing entertainment? Carry on!

Squeaky wheels get the oil

Lewis is starting to realise that he is in charge of his destiny and obviously getting less patient and more demanding

I want to see more of what many like in Alonso, that sense of entitlement, of course the same ones hate this from Lewis but that makes it even better

Also I like the siege mentality, go on son, use the race card (in jest, clever), that might make the stewards hesitate next time.

This kid is driven by adversity and I think we will see the best out of him when he is fired up by the feeling of injustice

Headlines of indignation, how dare he, ban him, etc etc
this will all be water off a ducks back for the first black driver in F1 ( to actually race, sorry Willy T Ribbs)

After seeing Buttons good competent drive but utterly lacking in a killer instinct, a best case for Jenson and a worst case for Lewis and he still only drops 7 points to Button, he might to start to demand things

Lewis must know that if he leaves F1 there will be a big hole

So come on Lewis let's see some brash cocky arrogant blinging ghetto smarts, get in the faces of the spoilers

It can only make his character and legend bigger leading to more endorsements etc

Do you think this can be a 'butterfly from the Mclaren chrysalis' moment?

I like the cut and thrust of your post Cook. :thumbsup: And in the devilishly morkish funk that I fell into I completely lost sight of the fact that Lewis finished P6! And they've apparently let him keep it. :D

I would like Lewis to think more about Qualifying and grid position at places like Monaco.

You'll rarely get a clear road on a Flyer at Monaco and you have to make the best of it...like Vettel did on his Pole lap when he sliced by traffic.

Why did Lewis not put in a banker like everyone else?

And why did Lewis abandon his Flyer while Massa was on an out lap?

Hopefully Lewis will learn from those two errors.

He's very capable of it...as he showed in China (saved tyres for the race) after learning from his flat-spotting of a set in Malaysian qually.

Lewis is one of the top 2 Formula One drivers in terms of pure pace...and probably the most decisive over-take of the lot...but he needs to think about the 'big picture' if he want to win further Championships.

Lewis has just apologied to Massa and Maldonado on his twitter page.

I too hope he learns from his mistake, someone has to start beating Vettel!

Honestly, I don't think Hamilton needs to apologise to Massa.

Massa-Hamilton was a pure 'racing accident' at a ciruit which is virtually impossible to pass. Had Massa not ended up in the Tunnel armco, I doubt Hamilton would have got a penalty becasue Massa changed his line as soon as he saw Hamilton beside him.

When Schumacher went up the inside at the Lowes Hairpin, Hamilton gave him room as opposed to risking a tangle. Massa could have done the same thing...but he's in a fight for his life for his reputation at Ferrari. Better for Felipe' to not give way and risk car damage than simply let Lewis through!

Both were at fault...both were clumsy...both wanted not to give way. That's racing...and how else are you going to pass at Monaco?

The Maldonado tangle was different in that Maldonado didn't see Hamilton coming.

But that's racing.

I suppose Hamilton should really be apologizing to the whole Williams team who've had a dreadful time of it thus far and needed some decent points...

...but not to Maldonado...Lewis should be saying sorry to Williams for being unable to collect on a decent run.

In actual fact, Hamilton should only really be apologising to the Stewards of the meeting for his Ali G joke because the FIA have no sense of humour and you don't want to be in their dog house for the future.

I was very pleased to hear his interview, he is finally speaking out against the overwhelming number of penalties thrown his way and it looks like he is getting fighty.

I hope he can start to take control of his own strategies instead of letting McLaren continue to mess them up.

So basically to most of you on here, you mock Alonso's arrogance, yet praise Hamilton's...

:whistle:

If Hamilton said "I am going to win the championship" after Silverstone being in Alonso's position, I am sure you all would have said "go on son!" but you all, as you have stated laughed at Alonso

Why the double standards? Why is one the villian and the other a hero?

Lewis has just apologied to Massa and Maldonado on his twitter page.

I too hope he learns from his mistake, someone has to start beating Vettel!

I hope he has only apologised for his statements and not the incidents because they were equally culpable at the very least.:(

I like controversy to be honest, I just think at times he perhaps writes cheques that he can't cash, but yeah......controversial racers are exciting to watch.

Yes, I really think that this weekend was the straw that broke the camels back

His steering wheel wasn't even set correctly on Saturday?

He will surely not leave anything to chance or to the team alone from now, I hope he gets involved in every aspect of preparation and starts to scare his team into pulling their fingers out and avoiding errors

It's probably a case of feeling like he should be grateful to Mclaren and not bite the hand that feeds so far. With the pitcrew mistakes coming from apathy and the knowledge that Lewis doesn't seek retribution or get angry or throw things etc

Once they see his anger a bit more the mistakes should lessen, maybe he should perform some karate on the left rear tyre guy, bet his lck would change with everything including strategies.

I hope we see him grab the team by the neck and dominate and bully them into helping him win, instead if waiting for the favour of Whitmarsh

There are no nice guys in F1,not on track ,not in the stewards's room ,not even behind the microphones.
Let's keep it that way.
My advice to Lewis:walk the walk,don't talk the talk,moan the moan,blame the blame.Just keep on fighting the bleeding fight without subtitles!
For now,considering his young age,I'm going to give him an alternative punishment:
The next race he will be competing in a (white)Virgin car,so he would understand what it means to be talented,motivated and yet have to move out of the way all the time for guys in quicker machinery,and be lapped 3 times by the end of the race.
His McLaren drive will be handed to Jerome d'Ambrosio(my only compatriot in the game,and hey,what's wrong with a little chauvinism?:snigger:)
He could be a hero, just for 1 day,before having to leave the scene for lack of financial backing ...

For now,considering his young age,I'm going to give him an alternative punishment:
The next race he will be competing in a (white)Virgin car,so he would understand what it means to be talented,motivated and yet have to move out of the way all the time for guys in quicker machinery,and be lapped 3 times by the end of the race.
His McLaren drive will be handed to Jerome d'Ambrosio(my only compatriot in the game,and hey,what's wrong with a little chauvinism?:snigger:)
He could be a hero, just for 1 day,before having to leave the scene for lack of financial backing ...

Like your post but one bone of contention, perhaps. Lewis has demonstrated on many occasion that he can race wheel to wheel and give best to the other guy when necessary to live to fight another day. His duel with Michael on Sunday was a further demonstration of this when he allowed space enough for MS to complete his passes and this was reciprocated by MS later on. It was precisely this that he was signally unhappy about in his duel with Massa and Maldonado since in one case his oppponent should know better and in the other his opponent is inexperienced. To suggest that he doesn't appreciate the value of moving out of the way is, well a little off beam.:)

Back
Top Bottom