Kimi Räikkönen

Probably one of the coolest drivers ever to grace F1 alongside James Hunt.

His part life-style may not have been to some teams liking in F1 but you can't deny that Kimi was probably one of the best drivers on the grid from 2003-09. He should have won more championships than he did!

Kimi won his one and only F1 Championship in 2007. Kimi won 18 races, 16 pole positions, scored 62 podiums and claimed 35 fastest laps in his time in F1.

Kimi is probably the must unluckiest driver to ever grace F1 and the amount of retirements he had no fault of his own were lots.

Kimi won his first GP in 2003 winning the Malaysian GP and he claimed his last victory in F1 at the 2009 Belguim GP.

Kimi started his F1 career in 2001 driving for Sauber, he then went on to drive for Mclaren and Ferrari before quitting the sport in 2009.

Kimi produced probably the 2 most funniest moments to happen in F1 over the last 10 years, when he said :censored: at the Brazilian GP in 2006 when Schumi first retired from F1 and the other one at the Malaysian GP where the race was red flagged and he went to the garage and got into shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops and started eating ice-cream.

Whether you liked him or not you can't deny his talent, he produced one of the comebacks of the past 10 season by starting near the back of the Japan GP in 2005 and went on to win it! Probably one of his best race wins in F1.

Did you like Kimi or Not?

I know I might be missing the point but why do we have a thread on a driver who now plies his trade in the WRC and some rather odd American series that goes round, and round and round...? I liked Kimi when in F1, his dry comments were often priceless but I don't see him ever coming back to F1 despite what anyone might wish for.

A worthy World Champion, a stunningly fast driver on his day but lost his mojo towards the end. Goodbye and thanks for all the fish!

Kimi Raikkonen is The (most recent) King Of Spa.

The Finn finished a very good 6th in the Rally Deutscheland this weekend...and he's going to test the Peugeot Le Mans car at Aragon in Spain on Wednesday.

Raikkonen won in 2004,2005,2007,2009 and nearly won in 2008. Hamilton won in 2010 and DNF'd in 2009, okay he should have got the win in 2008 but I wouldn't say he was the king of Spa just yet, I would be happy to be contradicting myself this time next week though

Lewis Hamilton

Spa 2007 - 4th
Spa 2008 - 3rd (1st)
Spa 2009 - DNF (crap car taken out by a rookie)
Spa 2010 - 1st
Spa 2011 - 1st :D ??

If he wins this weekend, then the crown is well and truly his. Agreed at the moment that he is a pretender to the crown, but certainly it's a hat that fits well.

I could have sworn this thread was about Kimi Raikkonen and not about how great our beloved Lewis Hamilton is.

New King of Spa. ROFL God he has to have everything doesn't he? If he wins in Abu Dhabi he'll be called "The King Of The Desert" by people on here, even though that'll only have been the third race there.

Nah. Lewis stole his crown. Kimi is the most recent previous King of Spa.

What?

Year Driver Constructor Location
22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes Spa-Francorchamps
22px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari Spa-Francorchamps
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png
Felipe Massa Ferrari Spa-Francorchamps
Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari Spa-Francorchamps
2006 Not held
Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes Spa-Francorchamps
Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes Spa-Francorchamps
2003 Not held

I don't know how you arrived at any conclusion other than Raikkonen is the most recent King Of Spa!

Since Raikkonen's 2nd year in Formula One, they've held the Belgian GP at Spa 6 times...He won 4 of them and led 1 of the other 2 for the bulk of it until the rain came. That year's Ferrari had a tough time with it's tyres in cooler/damp conditions and his only goal that year (2008) was to win the race in order to get back into the title hunt in earnest.

I could have sworn this thread was about Kimi Raikkonen and not about how great our beloved Lewis Hamilton is.

New King of Spa. ROFL God he has to have everything doesn't he? If he wins in Abu Dhabi he'll be called "The King Of The Desert" by people on here, even though that'll only have been the third race there.
Well Kimi can't be King forever. Lewis is the next pretender to the crown. I didn't say King of everything did I? Those are your words. I guess you would just prefer to think of me as a fanatic to suit your own means. My response was to Ray.

And Ray, you know my thoughts on 2008 and from your previous posts I would suggest that you agree with me on that one. It just doesn't suit you for this particular debate. ;)

Of course there is someone on the current grid who has won at Spa more times than anyone ever but I'm guessing we'll just label him as former king.

to Kimi's credit he only lost to this 'former king' at Spa twice and one of those years he was a Sauber driver so he did indeed steel his crown.

Of course there is someone on the current grid who has won at Spa more times than anyone ever but I'm guessing we'll just label him as former king.

to Kimi's credit he only lost to this 'former king' at Spa twice and one of those years he was a Sauber driver so he did indeed steel his crown.

I should make it very clear that I am not taking anything away from Kimi here. I was a big fan and he undoubtedly and indisputably BOSSED Spa. Just so we are all clear. He did however, renounce his throne to go and drive rally cars.

we can say he WAS the King of Spa, but we certainly can't say he IS the King of Spa.

...Ray, you know my thoughts on 2008 and from your previous posts I would suggest that you agree with me on that one...

I don't have a problem saying Lewis would have been the worthier victor at Spa in 2008. Yeah, Kimi dominated most of the race, but Lewis would have been the worthy victor. Certainly much worthier than Massa who - I must admit - had been pretty much invisible throughout the event.

BTW, the official FOM website - Formula1.Com - has Kimi Raikkonen as the guy on their Belgian GP banner!

:)

Interesting that they would have a Rally/NASCAR/Le Mans prototype driver/wannbe Rock Star/party animal as the lead guy on their banner!

Too funny! ;)

Back
Top Bottom