Karting

Quick update on my Karting progress.

Entered the British 24hr again this year. We messed up our strategy a bit but managed to salvage 7th in Club Hire Class after a fight back through the night.

Got my first Club100 trophy in Rookie Endurance at Buckmore last month. We came first in Rookie class and 2nd overall finishing behind the winners of the Intermediate class.

On the same weekend in Buckmore I moved up to 5th of 74 in the HW Sprints Championship. This is way ahead of my target of a top 20 finish in my first full season. 7 rounds down with 5 to go.

Anyone here doing any racing this year?

I made it into Karting Magazine. That's me on the right getting bandit shunted by Stephen Billet. :)

1554422_735444729829270_143593195157987441_n.jpg

Hee hee. As you know, the forum went live a couple of months ago. Everyone is really happy with it. Cheers for all your help. Great bit of software and great service. :D

I have just tried looking there to see what is going on but it seems that you are not allowed to look at any posts without being a member. Sorry, as far as I am concerned it is look before buy, even on freebies.

I went to Nova Odessa in Campinas for the first time to practice ahead of the KWC. On the basis of my practice times on Saturday I was asked to drive as a guest driver in the fourth round of Clube Kart Brazil on the Sunday in Principal (Premier) class.

Great result. I stuck it on the front row in the 5 minute qualifying session, got beaten down into 10th place on the first lap. My Kart had no bottom end and I was on the outside. Fought back up to 6th. Despite also being knocked off circuit by an over defensive driver who was penalised after the race (too many Senna wannabes with big elbows).

The write-up with pictures (in Portuguese) is here: http://clubekartbrasil.com.br/noticias.aspx?id=46

1 - CAMILA - 4ª etapa - Principal.jpg

Principal Category, Clube Kart Brasil, Rd.5 - Nova Odessa Kartodromo Internacional

Welcome to bandit territory.

My first registered entry in the Principal Category of Clube Kart Brasil. A great start to get up to 4th from 7th on the first corner. Briefly lost and regained 4th before falling victim to some over ambitious driving from behind over the space of three consecutive corners leaving me back down in 7th again where I hung on to the end. The last few laps are missing but I finished on the bumper of 6th. 18 points to start the campaign half-way through the season.

Last edited:
Bunfighting in Brazil. Excellent. One tip - okay it's only from me, a mere spectator and I know it's a cliche - but "don't get mad, get even". You lost a lot of time there with a hand off the wheel. Nevertheless, fair play mate, that was a great battle and extremely entertaining.:goodday:

Good tip. I like to play fair and I have a hot head when others don't. It does me no favours. It's the biggest thing I need to work on, because where there are karts there are bandits. I need to learn to live with that and keep my head down.

You would not believe the state of the organisation of the event I am competing in right now. World Championship my ****ing arse. More like a 2-bob pier entertainment organiser in Blackpool trying to run the cirque do solais.

Red Bull Kart Fight. See me focused! After winning all of my duals in the group stages, I was knocked out of the Quarter Finals by the son of the track owner. I beat him in the better kart by 0.2s but he beat me in the crappy understeer kart by 0.35s taking the win by 0.15s. I posted the second fastest time of the day which has now materialised as the 3rd fastest time of the month.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom